zoo lions for C&C

OscarMike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i read somewhere that shooting at the zoo is good practice before venturing out into the wild. So here's some shots from my local zoo. $DSC_0047.jpg$DSC_0050.jpg
the B&W is also a the first time i've tried color to B&W conversion. i thought it might help minimize the blah similar color back ground seen in the second photo.

I really like b and w one. But I think you should of tried a quicker shutter speed as there is a bit of blur

I like the coloured one - there isn't really enough contrast in the B&W for me. In the colour one, most of the male lion is blurry, suggesting either he was out of focus, or, as Joshua has suggested, you need a faster shutter speed. In the colour one, the entire image is blurry - quite noticeable when I see the larger image. - so again, either focus or a faster shutter speed. From the "fuzziness", I would suggest that it may be a focus issue. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

I see what you're saying about the blur. I think opening up the DoF might help keep him sharper too. The contrast is lacking. I can see how it becomes necessary to expose differently for B&W conversions. There is only so much you can make up for in Lightroom. Thanks for looking and posting

The reason you have a "blah similar color back ground" is that there appears to be a color correction problem with the color shot. Look at their teeth. Were they really that color?

Most reactions

Back