Zoo shooting.

I have polarizer for good colors, but risk a slow shutter speed and blurry pictures, or get good stability, but lack the colors without any PP to get good colors. A bit of a predicament.

Mark

Not with the D90.

Crank the ISO.

I am not quite that special... the house is open to the general public, but the entrance is kind of hidden... walk in next to the enclosures between the kangaroos and the warthogs and you can walk through it too...

Very well hidden! The number if times I have been to the zoo and I didn't know that. I may have to visit again this weekend.

My favorite Zoo shot. Taken at the Zoo in Syracuse NY. It was taken with the 75-300mm sony 5.6 on the Alpha A100 and was hand held.

3154400744_f2c282b414_b.jpg

1/320 F5.6 250mm at ISO 400

I shoot alot in zoos too and i never carry a tripod or monopod. Not even when im shooting macro in the butterfly exhibit. Most of the time you got more then enough places to get some extra stability in zoos (like fences, trees and whatnot) So if it really is nescesary, you can try that. If that doesnt work i just dont take the shot, there are more then enough oportunities too take shots in a zoo anyways. Dont get me wrong, i will try anything to get the shot. But if i cant take it.........up too the next shot i go.

Polarizers are a "must have" item.

Most reactions

Back