Zoo trip, redux

Well I can definitely say your camera seems to handle ISO better than mine. Though does the glass have an effect on it at all as well?
I just find myself looking at shots on Flickr, and spending just as much time looking at EXIF data as much as the shot itself. I've found I get to learn a lot by putting myself in the pic, seeing how I would shoot it, then comparing the data shown. Here I get to ask why, so I learn even more :)

And don't forget the role post processing plays in that.

Well I can definitely say your camera seems to handle ISO better than mine. Though does the glass have an effect on it at all as well?
I just find myself looking at shots on Flickr, and spending just as much time looking at EXIF data as much as the shot itself. I've found I get to learn a lot by putting myself in the pic, seeing how I would shoot it, then comparing the data shown. Here I get to ask why, so I learn even more :)

Lol..well to be clear I'm not saying you should up your shutter speed to 1/1000 and above for every shot - I knew going in this was much higher than was necessary but I wanted to get a couple of series of shots where I could see what the affect was on ISO in shutter priority mode and likewise how much effect that would have on noise and saturation in post processing even in brighter lighting conditions. So really this was more about testing the limitations of my gear than it was about seeking technical perfection.

I've found I can get usable shots even at 6400 ISO with the D5200, but it does require some noise reduction. Anything 1600 and below looks pretty good even without noise reduction, and 800 on down is pretty much the same - no noise reduction needed really. Varies a lot from camera to camera of course, but the noise to high ISO ratio on the 5200 is pretty impressive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back