06 X5 and Saab 9-3 Aero

MPowerM3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well after wondering how hard it would be to replace the grills on the X5 (which wasnt hard at all) it left me with some time for some pictures.
I like a retard, was playing around last time I used my camera and left it set to Black and White, so sorry about that, some of them worked, others not so much.
My other buddy with the Saab just got back from a little job training and met up with us for lunch and give to me by GPS back. Second attempt at rolling shots, really liked the way they came out.

1a.
IMG_7521.jpg

IMG_7533.jpg

IMG_7548.jpg

IMG_7561.jpg

IMG_7577.jpg

IMG_7598.jpg

IMG_7626.jpg

IMG_7632.jpg

IMG_7638.jpg

IMG_7673.jpg

IMG_7695.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7732.jpg

IMG_7737.jpg

IMG_7747.jpg

Can you please comment on the last three rolling shots please?

Well, thats it, comments are welcome.

motion blur

I dont understand, is that suppose to be helpfull. Shots were taken around 80-125 shutter speed to blur the wheels and background on purpose, illusion of speed.

sorry to be so curt.
if you look at fine details on any of these rolling shots you will see that the focus is not good. My guess is that the relative motion of the cars just overcame the semi-slow slow shutter shutter speed and so the other car is blurred.
Compare that to the same level of detail on the first shots.

it is a rather tough job to get the car free of motion blur and still get the wheels and surroundings blurred.

I agree with the_traveler that you can see considerable motion blur on the car in the last shots. maybe the speed of the cars was too slow and so was the shutter speed?

That sounds good. Cars were rolling maybe 60-70 mph. I was only using center focus point on my Xt so I dont pick up anything else but the car. Like I said in the OP that this is my second attempt. And they are resized images so maybe that makes it worse. But thanks again for the defination.

both cars going at the same speed?

too fast shutter you need a to go half a sec or 1 up in shutter to get the surroundings blurrd

too fast shutter you need a to go half a sec or 1 up in shutter to get the surroundings blurrd

I disagree, thats the whole reason the car is partially blurry/out of focus. thers no way you could isolate the camera from all the jarring that goes on in an car while in motion, while maintaining the exact distance etc that would make a good rolling shot. The best answer is to speed everything up including the shutter speed. That way, the car has to stay "perfect" for less time, and you will still get the spinning wheels and slightly obscured backgrounds.

both cars going at the same speed?

Most of the time, we tired to stay at the right distance. It was a learning exercise to say the least. It was minimal time on the road, trying to avoid traffic, things of that nature. I like how they came out, I wasnt disappointed with the shots at all. But its going to be harder to go faster, hold on to the camera (most important part), and have the room on the road, this is more then anything else! But appreciate the tips.

Most reactions

Back