08 Assignment-YELLOW- Due October 15 or whenever

YELLOW Bel Air at local car show:

IMG_5364.jpg

On 99 East (probably Montana or Eastern Washington)

Cannon Powershot A540 (w/ hacks)

2973841614_ddff0674a3.jpg

Man, great shots here. Here's one of mine:

2959025471_a878c505bd_b.jpg

Oh, and this is yellow, I guess, or at least white/orange/yellow:

2977120724_86e3d1394e_b.jpg

Antique Street light found in an early 1900's cemetery

102_3634.jpg

Camera Make: EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Camera Model: KODAK Z712 IS ZOOM DIGITAL CAM...
Date/Time: 2008:11:02 15:07:12
Resolution: 600 x 800
Flash Used: No (auto)
Focal Length: 25.7mm (35mm equivalent: 160m...
Exposure Time: 0.020 s (1/50)
Aperture: f/3.6
ISO Equiv.: 64
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix

Soft focused on purpose. lots of fog and moisture in the air this morning, and it was resulting in soft shots.

Fall_Path_by_sideways_8.jpg

Well, I'd like to give it a try with a photo of a snowy egret here in Florida. His feet and the yellow around his eyes stood out. It was a very dismal, windy day. The bird was just about blown off his resting place. My problem is getting the correct focus. Any good pointers learning how to focus on such a small point, or just practice, practice, practice? How could I have made the shot better? Thanks for your C&C.

yellow_feet.jpg

Hi All. Meg, you asked about how to have the colour on one duck and not the rest ... the way I do it (I have PS 6) is by having colour for the background, then make a new layer with exactly the same picture ... make the new layer picture black & white. Then using the eraser tool (you might need to magnify the image a bit to do this) just run it over the one duck (which is now black & white) you are wanting to make colour and it should show the colour through from the background layer. I hope that makes sense. There are probably other ways of doing this but thats how I do it. Happy photoshopping,
Lynne

Thanks Kiwi!

I haven't seen you around before, so Welcome to the forum and to the assignment threads. It's great to have you!

Hi Meg & everyone else.
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I am new. Just trying to figure out posting etc on these forums (probably help if I read the 'how to' instructions!).
Not sure who posted the photo of the Golden gate bridge with yellow car in this challenge - but that was brilliant!
Lynne
NZ

The best way I have found to post pictures on here, is from a photobucket account.

Just found this in time. I'm visiting family in south florida and found a yellow car. If I remember right it is a 1940's Willey. didn't notice the guy walking into my shot till after we had left.

yellowcar.jpg

NYC is good for yellow
DSC01013.jpg

Great car shots guys!! Very nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back