'08 Subject Assignment - SELF PORTRAIT - Due Aug 1st

Not great but this is all I've got. I was frustrated w/getting a 1/2 way decent shot, that's the 1st shot.

2673271364_852fe2ed00.jpg

2673260956_b59f12c249.jpg

Taken with a G9~Zane

Image1316crpbw.jpg

Last edited:
I just posted this at the theme "looking up" and thought it would fit here as well. Yes, I'm lazy. It's from April, when I first got my 40D. I was sitting outside at Starbucks, playing with the on-camera flash. I was trying to figure out how to decrease the flash's EV. Then I had to work on it in photoshop to eradicate the flash highlights on my glasses, and to correct skin tone. The flash had been toned down enough to not correct the color cast from sitting under the trees.

40D, EF-S 17-85 lens at 17mm. Flash fired. 1/250sec at f/4, ISO 100.

2686153109_6f80da1395.jpg

Yes, yes, yes, I know I am a dork... But here are my current submissions.

DSCN1042.jpg

DSCN1040.jpg

If it weren't for dorks, I'd have no friends! :lol:

Were these taken in the 'Big Bully?'

Yep they were. I was waiting for Kevin (my husband) to get out of the bank. I noticed my hair blowing in the a/c and so I decided to take some pictures. * hears the song..."You're so vain" running through head.*

Yep they were. I was waiting for Kevin (my husband) to get out of the bank. I noticed my hair blowing in the a/c and so I decided to take some pictures. * hears the song..."You're so vain" running through head.*
Okay, now you can post in that other thread too! The song one! :lol:

photograph-er - I like the perspective of that shot. Thanks for sharing.

johngpt - Thanks for sharing your story - I appreciate it. How did you do that shot?

Jen Puleo - I know how frustrating self portraits can be! I like the first one. Thanks for participating.

nzb - Both shots are cool. I like your expression in the second photo. Thanks for sharing.

short5 - I like the B&W! Thanks for participating.

Big Bully - I bet you think this thread is about you! :lmao: j/k! I like the first shot. Great idea photographing yourself with the a/c blowing!!!

And where's yours???

I'm working on mine - the due date is 8/1! ;) I could ask you where your self portrait is?

Big Bully - I bet you think this thread is about you! :lmao: j/k! I like the first shot. Great idea photographing yourself with the a/c blowing!!!

Don't you know the threads are always about me!!!:lol:

This is an actual smile because my wife walked in and caught me taking pictures of myself.

It was pretty embarrassing. HAHAHAHA.

2687348391_af914db53b_o.jpg

This is an actual smile because my wife walked in and caught me taking pictures of myself.

It was pretty embarrassing. HAHAHAHA.

2687348391_af914db53b_o.jpg
You're young. Give it time. It won't be long before she just walks in, shakes her head and walks on. "Crazy photog husband," she'll mutter. :lol:

Nice shot, BTW!

Well, I appreciate that... but I am 40. I guess that is still pretty young though. Believe
you me, she is my favorite subject to shoot and she gets plenty of it. Was a little odd for
her to see the camera pointed at ME and not her. :lol:

My favorite looks are when I am all bent over taking pictures of something she can't even
see, running in and out of the house for different lenses and flashes. Heh.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back