'08 Subject Assignment - SELF PORTRAIT - Due Aug 1st

Ha, Interesting john. Whats that lens go down to?
LOL, it's Canon's EF-S 60mm macro USM. I think sometimes it'll resolve mitochondria.

Here's a different angle on the same body part as that 'disturbing' one a couple posts back. That one was of the ear pinna, or outer rim of ear.

Here's the different angle.

2693915927_98c113c8d6.jpg

Nothing like an old white guy's body for gross images.

And here's the follow up to that shot I submitted for the June shadow + light challenge.

It didn't heal as well as anticipated, and now four weeks later, it's finally closed.

If it had been on my cheek, I could have claimed it was my old dueling scar!

2693931431_7d57ae8d38.jpg

This had also been shot with the EF-S 60 lens. Hand held, it doesn't have image stabilisation. No sharpening post processing, just color correction.

Tried the "good (?) old" stretch-your-arm-as-far-out-as-you-can method to take a self with the 50mm lens on, at f2, with the outside light as my light, getting to me through the back door, no control over the AF and dang! Got my mouth in focus but not my eyes. Hmpf. Ah well, but I did something for the assignment...

ich24juli08.jpg

Tried the eyes ONLY afterwards just so there'd also be at least one pic of my eyes in focus.

ich24juli082.jpg

Tried the "good (?) old" stretch-your-arm-as-far-out-as-you-can method to take a self with the 50mm lens on, at f2, with the outside light as my light, getting to me through the back door, no control over the AF and dang!
LOL, that's exactly how I was shooting mine! Off hand pressing the shutter half way in an attempt to focus. Many attempts to get a couple in focus!

I love the light that comes in our back door slider in the afternoons, when the sun is on the opposite side of the house.

Cool new additions everyone!

I'll shoot mine this weekend when I get my camera back from having the sensor cleaned!

Lol, here's the best I could come up with...with my phone...crappy resolution, but easier to handle than my camera (my arms aren't quite long enough:lmao:)
Eh....:meh: yeah, yeah, yeah, ...exposure, color, blah blah blah...It's a camera phone...not much I could do, lol

2700219098_894d8a7cca.jpg

Lol, here's the best I could come up with...with my phone...crappy resolution, but easier to handle than my camera (my arms aren't quite long enough:lmao:)
Eh....:meh: yeah, yeah, yeah, ...exposure, color, blah blah blah...It's a camera phone...not much I could do, lol

2700219098_894d8a7cca.jpg
Actually, that's quite nice for a camera phone. There's a soft glow effect to your skin which is kinda okay. Did the vignetting happen in camera or with post processing? Whichever, it adds to the image.

Actually, that's quite nice for a camera phone. There's a soft glow effect to your skin which is kinda okay. Did the vignetting happen in camera or with post processing? Whichever, it adds to the image.

Post Processing...I played around with it because it was blue-ish and added that for the heck of it. The soft glow is because it's 1.2 MP. lol it's just blurry well, that and the light from the window. lol

This is an actual smile because my wife walked in and caught me taking pictures of myself.

It was pretty embarrassing. HAHAHAHA.

2687348391_af914db53b_o.jpg

I found that I get much better results with highlights when removing the lens cap. Just a suggestion.

I found that I get much better results with highlights when removing the lens cap. Just a suggestion.

:lol: I don't know why but I found this funny. I don't know if it was because I am tired or if it is just because I have an odd sense of humor.

I also I get much better photos when I take the lense cap off. They tend to be much brighter and show objects better. :lol:

:lol: I don't know why but I found this funny. I don't know if it was because I am tired or if it is just because I have an odd sense of humor.

I also I get much better photos when I take the lense cap off. They tend to be much brighter and show objects better. :lol:
I'd forgotten about this old one until you and Aye-non Oh-non Imus mentioned the lens cap.

2700479194_4538bb0837.jpg

From 2005, shot for a gag.

Most reactions

Back