08 Technical assignment #2 Frozen water

great work everyone! Keep shooting! The 31st isnt here yet!

I'm gonna milk it for all its worth ;-) enjoy!!!

waterpetal2.jpg

waterpetal.jpg

Not exactly what I was hoping for but it turned out ok.

I'm gonna milk it for all its worth ;-) enjoy!!!

waterpetal2.jpg

waterpetal.jpg

Not exactly what I was hoping for but it turned out ok.

What were you hoping for!!!? They look fantastic!!
I mean... WOW! I am just in.... wow!!:clap::shock:

Eupfhoria: Cool idea with the bottle, I'm a big fan of #1 and 2 :)

Ben: Your water looks so soft and beautiful, wow! I think that the higher-key exposure on the second one is amazing looking.

and JerryPH: What can I say? :hail:

;-) I'm looking for a better macro lens ;-) haha. But thanks to all for the comments. I don't know, but just SOMETHING doesn't pop out to me, especially in the 1st one, the lighting is fine in the 2nd, maybe my focus is a tad off? Or maybe the angle? The 1st one, there was a shadow in the upper left hand corner i overlooked (You still can see some of it) so I had to crop it down. I could have focused better in the 1st definitely, but they're ok, as long as you guys like em! :)

Ben, I don't know about anybody else, but I think they are fantastic!

And just remember you are your biggest critic. No one else saw the stuff you mentioned... until you mentioned it. All we saw were fantastic photo's.

Thanks! My mum bought my sister flowers for her bday and I found this small little petal laying on the table and got the idea as I was trying to create drops from the flower petals on the actual flowers, which wasnt working. I like the contrast against the white. I might explore the flower petal idea later, its not the 31st yet like i said ;-) thanks again!

I absolutely LOVE that 2nd one, the sink is grainy but the water to my eye looks crystal clear.....love it!

Thought I would have a go.

2231091859_1a6992f7c8.jpg

I didn't want to waste real beer, so I used some orange liquid and poured some water in the glass to try and get that 'fizzy' look.

Thought I would have a go.

2231091859_1a6992f7c8.jpg

I didn't want to waste real beer, so I used some orange liquid and poured some water in the glass to try and get that 'fizzy' look.

This is a good idea, but the complete lack of a head really destroys the look you're going for. I really like your colors and backdrop though. I honestly suggest you try it again with real beer, maybe just some cheap stuff.

Actually I just remembered I have some beers that are probably a little stale now - I might use those and take another shot later. :)

Cheers for the comment.

I agree.. Try using real beer and see if you get the desired effect.
Great idea though!

Eupfhoria: Cool idea with the bottle, I'm a big fan of #1 and 2 :)

I'm glad you enjoy them, I can't believe how lucky I got capturing that droplet right as it nicked the edge of the bottle.

Actually I just remembered I have some beers that are probably a little stale now - I might use those and take another shot later. :)

Cheers for the comment.

Of course. Good luck!

Because I got comments, I decided to do it properly. The last shot helped serve as a test shot as I still had the camera on the same settings. Much better now, added to the concept a bit too and the crazy angles, vinagretting (SP?) as well as DOF make the shot look like I have had a couple of beers too when I look at it. :lol:

2231823305_68042c8f28.jpg

Thought I'd take the time to make some comments too as it's a very interesting thread.

Monz - I love the golden tinge on your second shot!

Surrrreal - All drains lead to the ocean! Love the big bubble at the bottom.

American Jesus - Just damn cool!

Big Bully - Your second shot makes me thirsty!

Guitarded - So sharp! :D

Azruial - Lovely splash!

Lockwood - Fantastic shot, really conveys a sense of liquidness

Kundalini - Really captured the brief, looks like the water has frozen part way out of the tap. Reminds me of the Tom and Jerry cartoon where they flood the house then freeze it!

Garbz - I like the effect, really jumps out.

Tennessee Landscape - Those bubbles looks solid! Or are they ice?

Grag Designs - Fresh!

Tasmaster - Wow! Amazing!

Benpsut - haha looks like oe of those huge bubbles people blow! Later efforts are all class too! Really love the colour in the last ones.

Eupfhoria - Amazing effect on both! The three beer ones are amazing as well.

JerryPH - Action shot, really nailed it!

MissMia - The second is a winner!

I hope the next challange is this much fun and has such varied results. Either way I think I may try a couple more water ones at some point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back