08 Technical assignment #2 Frozen water

Meg: lol, after I posted I thought "hm... I don't actually know if it's a tub..." :lol: but that's hardly the point, it's a lovely shot :)

benpsut: Hi! :D
And... cool, I like the macro look on the faucet, with the writing twisting away around the edge. It's also cool how you got the water exclusively at the top where it's still a 'sheet' instead of drops and streams.

Personally, I find the background a bit distracting. It looks like a green towel with a white one over it, but obviously my object recognition is off tonight! If it is, maybe just the fuzzy green would be a cool effect for the background?

Hey thanks guys! Wow, such great responses already! What I tried to go for was in fact that writing on the faucet, i couldnt get any lower than that or the edge of the sink would merge into the water, and the 2 lenses i have aren't that wonderful for macro, won't focus too good close up or somewhat far away, hence the white towel you see in the background. The sink is green. I'll try again, move everything off the sink and somehow get lower, cropping the lower half of the merging sink out of the way. Ah the ideas ARE flowing! I love these forums already! :) thank you again!

Ben

Big Bully: It's a D40 :)

Azruial: There isn't much more of the shower head, and it isn't as shiny as the water. I'm not happy with the composition (didn't do any really, this was my first snapshot to test the fast flash synch) but the water looked excellent, hence the tight crop.

Ben: I agree, having this great community is wonderful, not only as a resource but as inspiration, great people. Thank you everyone here, because you are all great :).
Ah-hahahaha :blushing::blushing: I am so off :blushing::blushing: Well, I still think that the sink is a cool background, tho hopefully not as 'fluffy' as it looked to me ;).

Tasmaster: Ah, I see, and yes the water does look excellent :) Can't wait to see more :D

Thanks azruial, the reason why it looks "fuzzy" is because the aperture value was set pretty low, i believe the aperture was closed down to F5.6, i tried up to F18-F20, just didn't look "right" Getting down low and getting more of the faucet opening tho should fix that, we shall see! :) thanks again!

Well it is great to have energetic, enthusiastic new people on the site also. You guys help inspire me, to try and test my creativity and abilities..

Yeah, great shot to play with DOF control :) I'm just used to my dorm sink (white and plain). Yours looks pretty and colorful and the way it changes in tone caught my eye as looking like a towel...

I really need to go to sleep now, lol z_z

Alright, NOW it's time to go to bed, but before I go, here's a new one and a revised reshoot of my previous submission...

sinkfun4.jpg

revised reshoot
sinkfun1.jpg

I'm amazed that this never occurred to me before I googled this forum. It's fun and fairly easy to do. What I got from a few minutes work, I'm sure I'll do some more as time goes on.

I took this a littl while ago, but it was an interesting experience!

1878703356_14942c6d5a.jpg

Very nice work everyone! I am a big fan!

Most reactions

Back