1,000 to 1500 watt bulb setups

ScottS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so i have been thinking about the difference between continuous lighting, and strobes, and now i have a question. I have heard that the setups that use these kinds of bulbs pretty much need their own circuit, otherwise they will trip your breakers.... Anyone have experience with these kinds of lighting setups?

3 or 4 1500W bulbs and you could cook meat. If you want to go continuous look into balanced florescent. Not as balanced as flash true, but you can do a custom WB and be fine.

In all honesty, you'll come out cheaper by buying a strobe and then adding on as you go. (happier too!)

mike

Ok so i have been thinking about the difference between continuous lighting, and strobes, and now i have a question. I have heard that the setups that use these kinds of bulbs pretty much need their own circuit, otherwise they will trip your breakers.... Anyone have experience with these kinds of lighting setups?

I have used continuous lighting: halogen and other kinds up to 3,000 watts or more for some areas. If you are on location it is difficult to know what the circuit situation is and often it is necessary to take your chances. As long as you do not have large coffee makers on the same circuit, there is seldom a problem although I should tell you a story:

I was video shooting for television a play before a live audience with my lighting. During the play, a girl was to turn on a little lamp on the stage.
:) You guessed it. Just the addition of that one little lamp blew all the lights and circuits in the whole theatre and auditorium area. Talk about an embarassing moment.:blushing:

skieur

Most reactions

Back