1 guy, 18 women.. time to retire !!

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I work in an office with 18 women... We have a small unit of 5 people - we get daily work every morning.. sometimes more than we can handle in a day, and sometimes much less where we're done in an hour or two. The unit has to maintain our staff level for those times we have a lot of work..

Today is one of those days that I'll be done at about 10:00.. I can normally find stuff to do - researching problems, doing some peer reviews, etc.. My 'boss' just came in and said that we dont' have too much to do today, so when we're done, we need to take some 8x10 paper and fold it up and make ......... paper snowflakes........ for us to hang on our celing.:irked:

I've suffered thru this for over 25 years, and it gets worse daily. I could retire today if it wasnt' for the ungodly cost of health insurance... so, being 63, I have 2 more years to go until I can retire/Medicare. With my age, and large retirement package, and lack of job opportunities, I've painted my self in quite the corner.... Will have to stick this one out for a while... and-somehow - keep from going totally insane.

Today is one more day towards that goal ....... In the meantime.. I think I'll make a 'blue' snowflake... in the shape of a turd..

:gah::gah::gah:

r

Not sure if I should laugh... but snowflakes? lol.

I work in an HR/Payroll department. We are 29 people strong, of which 27 are women and 2 are men. So yeah, I feel that ratio hehe.

But thats pretty much where I draw the line with comparisons, as I've never been asked to do snowflakes :)

Do they not offer early retirement? If I stick with this job, I can retire at 55 years old with full pension and basic medical coverage, as I'll have 30 years of service. I'd also be eligible for early retirement at 50, but thats a pretty major cut in the amount I'd receive. Full pension at 55 looks good to me, although I'm a waaaays off.

Try being the only female working at a construction company (worked in the office).

With one toilet.

I can even relate to that one.... my "Mens" room was recently turned into a "Co-Ed" bathroom to share with all the ladies now.... "IF"/When I can actually get in, you'd be suprized at whats waiting for me on the rail next to the toilet....

What ??? Can't flush those damn things ???:grumpy::grumpy:

To be fair, found the culprit, and straightned her out - even the women were disgusted...

r

This year, they moved me away from 'head office' and into an office at our steel manufacturing facility. It was so nice to get away from all the office politics and overly chatty salesmen.
I no longer get to use the fancy instant-brew coffee machine, but it's a small price to pay.

This year, they moved me away from 'head office' and into an office at our steel manufacturing facility. It was so nice to get away from all the office politics and overly chatty salesmen.
I no longer get to use the fancy instant-brew coffee machine, but it's a small price to pay.

MY HERO !!!!

:hail:

I have no idea what it's like to talk to someone about Boise State getting in to the Fiesta Bowl ... The only "Fiesta Bowl" talk around here is what new color the Fiesta-ware bowls are coming out with this year.. (If you don't know what that is, ask your wife..)

Again ..... count your blessings ..... :coffee:

Try being the only female working at a construction company (worked in the office).

With one toilet.

Ditto, I am ONE woman at a body shop. We have 2 bathrooms but that doesn't stop the men from using MY bathroom for #2 events!

ahhhh, I didnt catch on till miss daisys post... damn im slow.

Lol at snow flakes XD

Enjoy it while it lasts

I have no idea what it's like to talk to someone about Boise State getting in to the Fiesta Bowl ...

Boomer SOONERS!!!
sorry... I couldnt resist the temptation.... :)

Your making snowflakes and unemployment is 10%???? what the heck is wrong with this country!!!!! LOL :)

With one toilet.

Well, at least they've got someone to clean the toilet. (sorry, I couldn't resist):lol:

Hardy har har, you're hilarious.

But the truth is, I DID have to clean it EVERY TIME before I used it. I kept a mega-huge container of clorox wipes under the sink. It was disgusting.

With one toilet.

Well, at least they've got someone to clean the toilet. (sorry, I couldn't resist):lol:

Hardy har har, you're hilarious.

But the truth is, I DID have to clean it EVERY TIME before I used it. I kept a mega-huge container of clorox wipes under the sink. It was disgusting.

I work with a bunch of sicko's that don't wash their hands after using the bathroom regardless of 1 or 2. It has turned me into a total germaphobe. I clorox every thing too.

I just went and bought the main culperate a huge bottle of Germ-X for his desk. I'm hoping that the bottle sitting there taunting him all day will encourage him to sanitize himself a little more often.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back