Naicidrac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This image is called Crime and Punishment and I just wanted to see what you guys think.

Test-Image.jpg

This is my impression - The guy with gun look stern and ready for war. The guy with blood look worried about pulling the grenade's pin. Overall, NICE!

I like this a lot, but the guy at the top worries me. Either he wants to die, or he doesn't know what he's doing.

The guy with blood look worried about pulling the grenade's pin.

...And if he does pull it, he will die soon, since he isn't holding the striker lever down.

Wow.

Freakin' wild.

Really well put together.

I think the guy on top has more of a "nuh-uh-uh! don't even think about it--i'll pull this pin!" kind of expression! awesome!

that's cool man! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments. About the spoon about to pop off you are exactly correct. I know that after that spoon pops off he will have about 1.5 seconds before all hell breaks loose. I like to make things accurate, but I could not see the grenade when I was shooting. That waffle texture in the grenadde is a main point to the image and it had to bee seen. Thanks for the comments.

The title does not match the photo. I expected police not soldiers.

Craig

Really cool picture, well done! If I would change anything, it would be to make the guy in the background a bit more "gritty", and not so clean.

Although I don't think the reflection adds anything to it, I love this photo. But I just don't get the title. Who's the crime? Who's the punishment?

And, yes, the grenade problem mentioned by Josh is going to make a lot of people wonder. Well, people who know grenades, anyway. I understand your reason for shooting it this way but it's like... what does it mean?

Thanks for the comments. About the spoon about to pop off you are exactly correct. I know that after that spoon pops off he will have about 1.5 seconds before all hell breaks loose. I like to make things accurate, but I could not see the grenade when I was shooting. That waffle texture in the grenadde is a main point to the image and it had to bee seen. Thanks for the comments.

I think his facial expression saves it here. He looks like he just might do it...

(Why, I don't know though...lol)

Ok I will explain. Crime and punishment just sounds cool to me because it is only one of two Dostoevsky novels that I have read. Dostoevsky is a heavy influence in my work. It has little to do with this image expect that the model is holding a Russian made Kalashnikov. When I give an image a title I like it have little meaning. I guess I get that from another influence, Dali. He seemed to give titles that meant nothing to his images. Now for some reason I like to do that. Research where the name Kodak came from. It means nothing, but it is easy to remeber and the letter "K" was a favorite of Eastman's so they named the company Kodak. Also about the grenade, he might want to commit suicide too, lol. No he wants to kick some azz. Thanks for all of the comments keep them coming and. Thanks to all.

P.S. mar1u5 you are exactly correct it seems I can always look at an image and change something. I noticed that and I might even reshoot that background shot. I thought about dipping his hands in motor oil and rubbing a little on his face to make him a little dirty and gritty.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back