Discussion in 'People Photography' started by ki_user, Aug 30, 2010.
Really had some fun and learned a lot from the day. C&C very welcome.
C&C per req:
1. Not a fan of the angles (that applies to all of these images) but that's a personal thing; I realize it's popular right now. Good exposure, but it would be nice to see just a little more detail in her hair. Her expression leaves a lot to be desired however. She doesn't give me the impression that she's "into it".
2. This is nice, but unfortunately a bit hon on her right (image left) side. A kicker image right to help reduce the dynamic range would have really helped, as would a larger aperture to soften the background even further.
3. A little too close and a little too dark for my taste. Again, too little detail in her hair, and her left shoulder looks a little odd.
4. Very nice, as per above with respect to the hair.
5. Nice bust shot, but it seems a tad soft and the WB is a bit too warm.
6. Very nice, I just wish that her left arm wasn't so awkwardly cropped.
Overall, a really nice set of images; the two main concerns are lack of hair detail and a penchant for cropping limbs. It's fine to do that if you have to, but always try and do it boldly so that it appears deliberate rather than accidental.
Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.
#2 & #5 were intentional, don't know if this makes any difference? Thank you for your feedback, most helpful
Separate names with a comma.