1st Photo Shoot [w/ a Pretty Girl] Critique Please!

Oh I am glad you like it. ;) I actually don't have PS. I use a cheesy editing program that came with my camera. I just upped the contrast a bit and added a teeny bit of unsharp mask that brought out the sharpness in her eyes and the leaves. :)

Awesome, JimmyJaceyMom! I find my old programs that I had from way before (iPhoto plus 4 or something like that) was more useful than my new PS anyday! Hehe.

mtyler24, thanks for the critique. It is odd though, on one forum people really dislike #5, on another forum, they dont think the arms look that bad at all. Crraazzyy. I myself am not too sure about the shot at all, as it was so dark that the image turned out UGLY (Splochy from PS) when I had to lighten it up so much. Perhaps just a silhouette would have looked better..

If your intention is to save the last one there because you reallt like the pose maybe consider changing it to balck and white? Sometimes that works and adding smart blur can help with the grain but it does give it the fake look you husband was talking about. Don't know how you feel about that but I thought I'd give it a try.

tpf-1.jpg

Yeah, I like that! I have worked with the blur effect to smooth out her legs (Razor burn and goose bumps don't mix!) a bit. And yeah, also what my husband says about it, the "fakeness" he doesn't like. He is a 'look natural' type of photo guy. He says, " Well.. she doesn't actually look like that though.." Ya know? I don't know.. Arrrgghh! Hehe. Nice edit though! I like!

I like them all, very inspirational, very nice.

They are all fantastic shots - they may all look better in black and white due to the nature of the backgrounds, shades of clothes and the shade of her skin.

Still they look good in colour all the same.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back