2 backyard pics for C&C

rub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two pics for C&C. Something a bit different then what I usually do.

Cheers,
Kristal

1) Before the Storm
beforethestormfu9.jpg

2) Shine On Me
shineonmexp1.jpg

Last edited:
I like the composition more than anything. That and your selective colouring in the second photo.

I don't really know what else to say, the photos are done well, composition is the standout, titles are a bit pretentious and unnecessary unless you are exhibiting them, but each to their own.

Good work!

titles are a bit pretentious and unnecessary unless you are exhibiting them

Eeek! :( I did not mean to sound pretentious at all. This is one of the first times I given any photo a title. I just thought the first one fit (with the little guy in the middle wanting the light) and the second was, well, taken right before the storm...

Thanks for the comments though - I appreciate them!

They're too small to really be critiqued.
So all I can say is that backlit dandelion photos have always fascinated me, too (I have taken hundreds of them, and every time springs comes around, I feel forced to add a couple to the collection ...), and the the point of view in the second is nice. I don't see any application of selective colouring in that one, though, TBAM. I can only just make out the use of vignetting, and I personally don't like it, but hey, that's just me here! I know that many, many like vignetting!

Thanks for the feedback. I have posted a larger version of the photos. As for the selective coloring, I desaturated the blue sky just a touch (there wasn't much there to begin with) and added some vignetting. I dont normally, but I thought it addedto the picture in this case.

Cheers
Kristal

I think they're both superb. Maybe tone the vignette down a bit, but that's all I can think of. Love the perspective on the second one.

i absolutely love the 2nd one, everything is perfect in my opinion.

the shadow on the right of the 1st photo bothers me a little bit, it would be pretty easy to pull the nice blue background to the right a bit in photoshop i believe.

I actually like the titles. :)
While visual communication is always great, as humans, we are used to verbal. So having a mix of verbal and visual to convey your idea is nice.

Thankyou for the comments. I will try out the suggestions and see how they look.

Cheers
Kristal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back