2 for C&C

Status
Not open for further replies.
" the wreaths seem to 3D, they pop out to much"...3 words...nuetral density filter. These are used all the time to lessen the brightness of one area of a photo to make another area (or subject) "pop out". Usually in outdoor settings to lessen the sky.
My point is getting on here with critiques that are nothing more than some generic recital of some rules that you have read or repeating what you have seen

ACTUALLY... I *didn't* know that a ND could do that... So I wasn't repeating anything I read or learned... I was simply stating that the wreaths were floating of the door and I didn't like it... it was a matter of observation and opinion, not regurgitation.

A ND filter cannot achieve something like that. I have no idea what he's on about.

We were instructed by others to just not comment anymore. :meh:

...and so the voices of people with valid points are silenced. It's a sad day, Bitter.

originals no edits at all
1)
newEAS12149168.jpg

2)
035.jpg

1. did you want the subject out of focus? If that was the look you were going for, I like the picture, it seems like the focus is on the grass right where it meets the drive....

2. off center. if you could crop out BOTH lights, it would look better, because one light it totally cut off, there is no hope to keep either light... unless you totally crop one light out and have the door off center. However, the "horizon" is still off. bad picture, I'd just call this one a wash..... try again on a better day.

34sm3hz.jpg

TY for posting the originals. I appreciate it when you do, but my suggestion is to post them along with the edited versions and let people play with them awhile to give you different perspectives on PP. Im sorry but these photos are best retakes. #1 subject is oof but do like the composition, just try to get focus, it appears you shot downward from a hill and #2 has alot of distractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back