2 with the Lomo effect..

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by ottor, Aug 22, 2009.

1. ottor

ottor No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Always willing to try something new, I found this process on EHow - "Lomo Effect in Photoshop".. I had a couple that fit the criteria, so I gave it a shot this morning..

What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kcc

Kcc TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Look sweet, I like how the train have the oily reflection looks.
    The little girl looks good also, the sun did gave a good light to her face. Abit over exposed I assume?
    I don't know what a Lomo effect is, would be great if there's a before and after comparison.

Kcc

3. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm not sure I understand this either...I googled it and after reading about I'm still not sure I understand what the idea of the lomo effect is...it seems to enhance or add a kind of sheen or reflective look to things? Is that the idea? :confused:

4. ottor

Photos OK to edit
    Google a "Lomo Camera" .... it was an inexpensive Russian ( I think ) camera that had a specific look to the developed picture.. Highlights were a little heavy as well as a vignette and extra saturation..

The cameras are quite expensive now, as you would imagine.. Someone said that he thought they were used quite a bit in espionage..

Here's a link I just ran across.. Lomography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like I said in my OP, I'll try anything, and I kinna like the 'retro' look that it gives..

5. ocular

ocular TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    -wiki

Here's a link to a flickr artist "click me"

Your pics are suffering heavily from bad noise, you can see it in the power lines #1, and outlines in #2. This is really cool effect, use the affect to a lesser extent and preserver your compositions.

6. jealous

jealous TPF Noob!

Aotearoa (New Zealand... no, thats not Australia)
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    you overdid it one the first image - doesnt look lomo to me. there is no actual point to faking the 'lomo effect'. just go buy a holga (they take fantastic photos, are medium format and only $100 US) the lomo thing is a bit of a cult photography deal - people who appreciate photography from an aesthetic standpoint over a technical standpoint tend to go for the lomo cameras. It has a bit of a 'designer' culture associated with it which can come off a bit ****y but they do take fantastic pictures.

they are cheap, plastic and often leak light. but not just any film camera can get the 'lomo effect'

its an interesting excercise but i just dont see the point in taking it much further. Like i say, might aswell just buy an actual lomo camera

7. ottor

Photos OK to edit
    Like I said, it appeared to be an interesting process, and I learned something about Photography that I didn't know before.. Fascinating hobby!:D