24-70 f2.8G on a D7000

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone i was thinking about getting a 24-70 f2.8G for my D7000 can i get some input on this what do you guys think will it be a waste for me to put that on a DX body?

how would it be a waste?

It would be a great lens.

I don't have that particular lens
but I use a 24-85/2.8 - 4
and it's predecessor 35-70/2.8

and love those on my d7000 (the predecessor to the d7100)

alot of people say that lens is made for FX cameras bodies and putting it on a DX body will be a waste.

that's funny.

alot of people say that lens is made for FX cameras bodies and putting it on a DX body will be a waste.

Most of the nicer lenses are FX. Even the 70-300 VRII is a FX lens.
But there's nothing wrong with using them on a DX camera.

I own the Nikon 24-70mm 2.8G and use it on my D7100 and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!!!!
Awesome lens, very sharp and so practical, it used to feel big and clumsy a bit until I bought my Tamron 70-200 2.8, now my 24-70mm feels light, small and very nimble :1247:

I have seven lenses that I can use on my D40, four of which I use regularly. ONE is a DX lens. With a crop body, you are only uing the center of a FX lens so you get less of the softness that frequently occurs at the edges.

Utter waste because you are carrying a larger lens than you neeed to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Utter waste because you are carrying a larger lens than you neeed to

That doesn't make any sense. If he wants an f2.8 aperture in that range, the 24-70 2.8g is good. Or are you arguing that the smaller tamron is better on a crop?

a good lens is a good lens and the lower the f the better it will be in lower light situations, I don't think its a waist.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back