2am Adventure!

iamthepip

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Around midnight i realized i had HW due the next morning soooo i quickly grabbed my cam and spent 2 hours walking around my city taking pics.

what i have noticed after looking at them how ever is a slight blur on edges which should be sharp.. i blame this on me pressing the shutter button that slight movement kinda sabotaged the sharpness.. so i just ordered a remote haha and ill try again!

but what would you have done differently!? what is good and what is horrible!?

Thanks and if you want me to look at your threads let me know :)

OClighttrail.jpg

roadtower.jpg

hall.jpg

nofencehighway.jpg

fencehighway.jpg

OCbridgepapermillcopy.jpg

last one is horrible. Sorry.

1 and 4 I like the lines, and I like the mood in 3.

i really tried making the last one work but it couldn't get it right :/ what would you have done differently?

thanks for the honest opinion :)

If pressing the shutter button is causing blurriness, try setting the self timer @ like 2 seconds until you can get your remote. Should minimize head shake. As far as the pictures go, they seem underexposed in most and the saturation seems a bit high as well as the obvious softness. did you do any PP on these?

If pressing the shutter button is causing blurriness, try setting the self timer @ like 2 seconds until you can get your remote. Should minimize head shake. As far as the pictures go, they seem underexposed in most and the saturation seems a bit high as well as the obvious softness. did you do any PP on these?

remotes are getting cheaper for nikon. i just picked one up for $25 at the local shop. I really like the third photo of the hallways with the yellow lighting

ah dang i didnt think for a second to use timer!!! DOH! well luckily the location is only a 5 min walk away ill try again in a day or so. any settings you would recommend?

yea i just bought myself a remote today from amazon! $9... its dirt cheap but all it needs to do is close the shutter! :p

I like the first one and the hallway one and the last one it looks like the buildings are on fire..did you have the camera supported at all?

I like the first one and the hallway one and the last one it looks like the buildings are on fire..did you have the camera supported at all?

yes on a tripod but the pics still came out blurry, but i think i have learned the problem. first off turn off image stabilization when mounted on tripod because it can have the reverse effects. also put it in on timer because just simply squeezing the shutter button can slightly move the camera there for adding a slight blur to the image

Oh well I just learned that then lol I had no idea image stabilization had the reverse effect does anyone know why? Sorry if I hijacked a tad

Oh well I just learned that then lol I had no idea image stabilization had the reverse effect does anyone know why? Sorry if I hijacked a tad

From what I understand it overcompensates for the anticipated shake. The camera is already held completely still by the tripod and the IS tries to compensate for any possible movement. There have been a few discussions on this, but I think the general concensus is to turn it off for longer exposures.

Check B&H under wireless releases for the Vivitar wireless release. (B&H# viv-rc-200-xsi). It sells for $49.95. Call them and see if this item has the proper plug for your Rebel T2i. I got one for my Nikon and love it. It's small and you can hook it onto a tripod leg. Tom Beard

Most reactions

New Topics

Back