2nd camera lenses: Need to order asap

BLD_007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, my camera bag and all its contents was stolen "all my camera equipment last week and I to reorder asap. I'm the assistant campus photographer and last spring the main photographer told me what to order because I was new.

Well, hes sick today and I need to order today because this week is homecoming.

My setup Canon 50d
I already am getting the 70-200mm 2.8/f

but I need a more close up lense, what should I get?

I'm ordering from B&H so if you could see what they have and link me to the product, I would love that. I think I can order online from B&H, its just their physical store is closed.

In any case, I need to do that today. Thanks

What did you have before? and did you like it?

A 'normal' range lens on that camera is about 17mm to 50-70mm.
Some good options are;
the EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS
the EF 17-40mm F4 L
the EF 16-35mm F2.8 L
Sigma/Tamron 18/17-50mm F2.8

Other options might be the EF-S 17-85mm F4-5.6 IS
or the new EF-S 15-85mm F3.5-5.6 IS

If you prefer a bit more reach over a wider view on your 'normal range' lens, (probably not if you have the 70-200) then you might consider;
the 24-70mm F2.8 L
the 24-105mm F4 L IS

ahhh I wish I was Jewish so I could have holidays every month or so, BandH is not accepting orders until next week and I need my camera asap =(

are there any other stores out there that have prices compared to BandH?

Last edited:
Adorama, but they are probably closed as well.

What did you have before? and did you like it?

A 'normal' range lens on that camera is about 17mm to 50-70mm.
Some good options are;
the EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS
the EF 17-40mm F4 L
the EF 16-35mm F2.8 L
Sigma/Tamron 18/17-50mm F2.8

Other options might be the EF-S 17-85mm F4-5.6 IS
or the new EF-S 15-85mm F3.5-5.6 IS

If you prefer a bit more reach over a wider view on your 'normal range' lens, (probably not if you have the 70-200) then you might consider;
the 24-70mm F2.8 L
the 24-105mm F4 L IS

I don't remember what I had before, It was the first lenses that came with my rebel like 6years ago. I do alot of the sports here at my college but that's what the 70-200 is for. I would like a close combat err close range lenses to shoot people. I was also wanting a macro lenses but since my stuff was stolen that's on hold for right now.

I really wish I could move into the Mark series. But as a college student, i'm stuck with the 50d =(

How does the 7d compare to the 50d? Is the 7d the next step up for the 50d?

How does the 7d compare to the 50d? Is the 7d the next step up for the 50d?
Yes, it's the next step up/forward. On paper, it looks to be a very nice improvement over the 50D...but it's very new so there aren't many 'real world' reviews of the 7D just yet.

ahhh I wish I was Jewish so I could have holidays every month or so,

Our sales ofice and customer service departments are open but we aren't shipping 'til Monday 12 October - and if I wasn't working, I wouldn't be getting paid!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back