3 quick lines of advice

1. Learn to look.
2. EVERY photograph is processed; don't get snobby.
3. Try something different; if it works, try it again.

1) Use old cameras with old sensors to prove people wrong.
2) Buy old used gear.
3) Don't become a jerk because you have learned a few things about photography.
Why?
I'd rather use a small new sensor instead. Old gear is heavy.

Rule No 1: Don't follow anything that says it's a rule.
Rule No 2: No poofsters!
Rule No 3: There will be no Rule No. 3.

1. Camera sees things differently
2. All you are photographing is light
3. Learn to see the light

Read books, magazine articles and online turorials about a given subject.
Watch several YouTube vids about the same subject.
Go out and practice what you just learned.

1) Read your cameras manual, then read it again with camera in hand.
2) Keep your camera close. If you don't have it with you you certainly will not capture that moment.
3) Join a photography forum like this one and don't be afraid to ask questions.

1) throw the camera manual away unread. It will entice you to do worthless things.
2) take lots of photos with different settings and look at them repeatedly.
3)have fun. Yes, I know I am repeating Nerwin but it is important.

1) throw the camera manual away unread. It will entice you to do worthless things.

I don't agree with throwing away the manual. Read it. Know it. I read mine front to back several times. No point in asking a billion questions on a photo forum when it's in the manual. There's a lot of settings I know that a lot of people don't know because they don't read the manual lol.

I don't agree with throwing away the manual. Read it. Know it. I read mine front to back several times. No point in asking a billion questions on a photo forum when it's in the manual. There's a lot of settings I know that a lot of people don't know because they don't read the manual lol.
Agree, read all manuals and decide what features you want to use and what you don't, but if you don't even know what a tool is capable of, you are misusing the tool.

If you know how to set the aperture, shutter speed and ISO, the rest just gets in the way.

1. Enjoy your time behind the lens, it will make the end product more enjoyable, even if only for you.

2. Learn what you need to in order to operate the equipment you are using.

3. Bring a friend.

Agree, read all manuals and decide what features you want to use and what you don't, but if you don't even know what a tool is capable of, you are misusing the tool.

And don't jump into a prosumer camera right off the bat. Get a entry level DSLR. That's why I had to sell my Aunts D7000 because she couldn't understand it..but she probably wouldn't understand a entry level model either. Lol.

Rule No 2: No poofsters!

poofsters?

closest I could find was poofter which is a homophobic slur

English[edit]
Noun[edit]
poofter ‎(plural poofters)

1. (Britain, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, pejorative, slang) A male homosexual, especially an effeminate one; a pansy.  [edit][/paste:font]
    Poofter is nowadays one of the most pejorative words in Australian English, perhaps because of its use in the phrase poofter-bashing, which arose during the 1960s and 1970s during organised hate crimes against homosexuals across Australia and particularly in the Sydney district of King's Cross, a major centre of Sydney's gay social life.[1] Beyond its use as a anti-homosexual slur, it is also often aimed at males who do not conform to stereotypical ideals of masculinity in other ways, particularly in the fields of art or academia.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back