35 MM Photography Questions

^ The dust specks you see in the viewfinder will have no effect on film images -- they are only in the viewing system of the camera.

Since it is an Adaptall type it can be used on many other types of cameras just by changing the mount adapter.
adaptall-2.org
I checked this site out a little closer. They do not appear to have mount adapters available there yet. Does anyone know of another place, hopefully in Canada, where I could get some?

I did some checking, and here is a list of things I have. I am still not sure what kind of digital camera to get with these lenses, so I need to decide that first; I guess, before I go get some adapters.

1/ Tamron 28-50 mm, F/3.5-4.5 with Adaptal 2 for Konica FS-1

2/ Tamron 2X Teleconverter for Konica FS 1

3/ Konica Hexanion AR 40 MM F1.8 lense,

4/ Tamron SP 1:8 500MM Tele Macro , and Adaptal 2 for Konica and

with lense shade extension

5/ Tamron 1:3.8 - 1:4/210, 80-210 MM C F Tele Macro, with
Adaptal 2 for Konica

What kind of camera do y'all think might work good for the lenses I have, and where might I get mount adapters for same?

In number 4 above I called this thing I have a "lense shade extension;" lol. Please forgive me amateur terminology. I'll post a picture of it soon, but it does go with the Tamron 500 MM lense

$thing.JPG
In number 4 above I called this thing I have a "lense shade extension;" lol. Please forgive me amateur terminology. I'll post a picture of it soon, but it does go with the Tamron 500 MM lense

OK, here is a picture of the thing I was talking about. It screws right onto the Tamron 500 I have. What is it?

It's probably a lens hood. edit - Now that I see the picture, could be an extender.

Compur is right, I have old mechanical cameras with dust spots in the viewfinder, I look thru or around them and basically ignore them.

Are you familiar with Henry's? I live in the US so haven't bought much from them but I think they sell new as well as used digital if you don't want to get into a big expense. You could probably ask them about what would be compatible or ask about adapters. I think they can get a particular item from another store so if you want a particular camera they can probably get it from one of their locations then ship it. I didn't find it took too long even shipping here to the states.

I appreciate the reply - I am from canada - but you gave me a good idea for doing a local search for what I need Thanks

It's probably a lens hood. edit - Now that I see the picture, could be an extender.

Compur is right, I have old mechanical cameras with dust spots in the viewfinder, I look thru or around them and basically ignore them.

Are you familiar with Henry's? I live in the US so haven't bought much from them but I think they sell new as well as used digital if you don't want to get into a big expense. You could probably ask them about what would be compatible or ask about adapters. I think they can get a particular item from another store so if you want a particular camera they can probably get it from one of their locations then ship it. I didn't find it took too long even shipping here to the states.

Everything seems to work - except that the shutter, when it closes after button is pressed, does not seem to open again.
Shutter should remind closed until you press the shutter release again. After taking shot the film should advance to the next frame, is there any "whirling" sound after firing the shutter ?

No sound, shutter just closes, and thats it. lol. I am not going to use the old, original FS1 camera for anything now anyways. But I do want to figure if I can use these lenses I have with a more modern digital camera somehow. Im just not sure yet what to get or where. :)
Everything seems to work - except that the shutter, when it closes after button is pressed, does not seem to open again.
Shutter should remind closed until you press the shutter release again. After taking shot the film should advance to the next frame, is there any "whirling" sound after firing the shutter ?

But I do want to figure if I can use these lenses I have with a more modern digital camera somehow. Im just not sure yet what to get or where. :)
Sure you can, but it's gonna have to be or Nikon or Pentax as Canon and Minolta (Sony today) changed the mounts when changing to AF. You just need to get the proper Adaptall.

Bingo! Thanks! This is the kind of thing I needed to know. Now to figure which of those two. Knowing the lenses above that I will be working with - can anyone offer an opinion with reasons as to Nikon, or Pentax?
But I do want to figure if I can use these lenses I have with a more modern digital camera somehow. Im just not sure yet what to get or where. :)
Sure you can, but it's gonna have to be or Nikon or Pentax as Canon and Minolta (Sony today) changed the mounts when changing to AF. You just need to get the proper Adaptall.

Bingo! Thanks! This is the kind of thing I needed to know. Now to figure which of those two. Knowing the lenses above that I will be working with - can anyone offer an opinion with reasons as to Nikon, or Pentax?
Well, it's not me. I am a Pentaxian guy but I think the offer of Nikon is richer, more diverse and it is easier to sell, if you have to. Pentax doesn't have full frame sensor in the lineup, but you have full frame lenses, remember that.

When you look at what you would be giving up just to keep the lenses I would do some checking. You will definitely give up the auto focus of the digital, possible problems with the auto exposure controls and unless you get a full frame camera ($$$) you will have only telephoto lenses of varying power.

Yes; I agree with you on that now. I was just arriving at that conclusion myself after looking into this whole thing further. If I had the money it wouldnt matter, then I could do what it takes to use these older lenses, mostly for the sentimental end of it - but I have decided I just need to get a decent camera for now and start building a new lense collection, that is more modern. :D
When you look at what you would be giving up just to keep the lenses I would do some checking. You will definitely give up the auto focus of the digital, possible problems with the auto exposure controls and unless you get a full frame camera ($$$) you will have only telephoto lenses of varying power.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back