365 project, thought i'd share

PatrickCheung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Six days ago I started my personal 365 project. I'm trying to take a photo a day for a year (as many of you might know) to see how creative I can get, how i progress, and to hopefully find my own style of photography. Some of these photos might not exactly be "photography" but just a photo that sums up my day.

Just wanted to share my first six pictures and the link to my project. Not exactly looking for C&C, so please don't tell me i posted too many pictures, but of course C&C would be useful. Also, if anyone has any tips on how to make this project more successful (finding new subjects to shoot, how to not run out of ideas, etc.) or any comments, please do share. :p hope you enjoy.

Project: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickyc/sets/72157622780052262/

Day 1
4094109789_aa65243fac_b.jpg

Day 2
4095831975_3abbd93b53_b.jpg

Day 3
4099238832_ca773dbb3f_b.jpg

Day 4
4102426344_603c671274_b.jpg

Day 5
4104103845_3288e1596a_b.jpg

Day 6
4108053056_6e25483729_b.jpg

Last edited:
I like the idea I will most definitely be checking out your flickr account to see the project's progress.

haha thanks guys :p always nice to have support/comments

thebeatles: I definitely recommend you to try this out. I find myself using my camera more and more nowadays. i barely touched it before (if it wasnt school work it was laziness). Kinda forces you to think outside the box in order to find a nice shot when you feel as if you're out of ideas. BTW, i see you have a canon g9. how's that treatin you? my friend's interested in getting one haha.

I have heard about this and was thinking of doing it, but alas, I have not.
Your first 6 images are Excellent, But im sure by the end, You will outshine these images by far.

haha thanks (y) guys :p. i really do hope i improve upon what i have so far using the equipment available to me (so far its a d60, kit lens, and a film canister diffuser hahaha)

I have to say I am shocked that people haven't heard about the 365 project. It's the most trendy thing on Flickr. Dustin Diaz became famous fro
his 365, and he's not even done. I am going to start one on new years day.

I really like the 6th one! Good idea for the project! It should be interesting over the next year...

DScience: yeah haha :p his stuff is pretty amazing. I was thinking of starting it on new years but i couldnt wait hahaha.

it seems like everyone likes 6 :p i wish it were a bit sharper and had a little more life to it though :(

I am sort of bumping/hijacking this thread. I started my 365 on 11.17.09. I will have my flickr link in my signature soon. Thanks! :thumbup:

Keep them, maybe someday you will become famous and publish them into a book...

And when someone publishes a book, it might even become a collector's item, and go up in value,

...after the author is dead....lol

Neat idea!

Wish I had thought of it, 40 years ago...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back