4 Giga-Pixel Camera has been invented...

ksmattfish said:
It's very hard to get the quality of LF photography to come across in a low res web pic. I suggest checking out an art museum or gallery where some LF work is being displayed.

Check out this post for an example of what I mean.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=168907#post168907

At 3200 dpi, which is the best my scanner can do film, although not the best resolution film can be scanned at, my 4x5 negs are 204 mega pixels. The file sizes are larger than 1 gigabyte, and crash my computer everytime. ;)

I'm always amazed at large format stuff, the negatives and the prints from those negatives! My ultimate photographic goal is to use large format equipment. Of course that requires time and money (both of which I am low on at the moment :) ) PG, if you really don't mind, I would love to use some of your equipment at JT! :D That would definitely make my weekend!

While that digital camera is pretty cool, I still haven't seen a digital print that can rival the quality I've seen in traditional prints and negatives! Just my .02 cents.

Zach :D

While that digital camera is pretty cool, I still haven't seen a digital print that can rival the quality I've seen in traditional prints and negatives!

Film geek. :twisted:

I think the relationship between film and digital is the same as the relationship between black & white/colour or film/video.
Why do people see b/w photos as Art and colour as not being quite so good? (although attitudes seem to be changing with the advent of digital).
How is it that you can tell the difference between film and video? Despite everything being done the same there is a qualitative difference.
Photography has always struggled to be more than a poor second cousing to High Art. It has been criticised for being 'immediate'. Perhaps digital is too 'immediate'.
A painter could toil for months or years whereas a photographer can do it in a day or two. Now with digital it can be achieved in minutes.
Perhaps digital is too accurate?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back