43am Flash?

Id go for an a58. I would cost less and the technology is new. I was not really impressed by the quality off the a77 when I used a friends. My a580 is much nicer but they are hard to find now.

When you say quality, are you refering to the build, or the features. Or the over all function?

picture quality. Thing is built like a tank but I just didnt like the quality as much. My friend strapped it with a 35mm G lens and it just came out a bit soft for my taste. He said he wasnt super happer with it either. You might get cosmo's opinion. I know he has one too. My friend told me that he thought the a58 might be a better type of motor since they drop the pixel count a bit to be more in line with what the sensor could probably handle, 24mp was a bit advantageous on sony's part. BUt dont get me wrong the a77 is still a good camera. This is really nit picky kind of stuff we are talking about here. There would be a huge difference with you coming from an a33.

thanks for the heads up. depending on how long it takes them to release a new line, I might just wait for that. Im in no hurry. Given the size of the a33 I dont know how eager I am to start hiking the mountains with a bigger body. Time will tell really.

When you say quality, are you refering to the build, or the features. Or the over all function?

picture quality. Thing is built like a tank but I just didnt like the quality as much. My friend strapped it with a 35mm G lens and it just came out a bit soft for my taste. He said he wasnt super happer with it either. You might get cosmo's opinion. I know he has one too. My friend told me that he thought the a58 might be a better type of motor since they drop the pixel count a bit to be more in line with what the sensor could probably handle, 24mp was a bit advantageous on sony's part. BUt dont get me wrong the a77 is still a good camera. This is really nit picky kind of stuff we are talking about here. There would be a huge difference with you coming from an a33.

thanks for the heads up. depending on how long it takes them to release a new line, I might just wait for that. Im in no hurry. Given the size of the a33 I dont know how eager I am to start hiking the mountains with a bigger body. Time will tell really.

Id check out the a58. Seems interesting and the MP count is a bit less and probably more inline with what the sensor could actually handle properly. Price is a lot better too. The a77 had a pretty hefty price tag.

Most reactions

Back