50mm 1.4 afs nikon lense is out of stock. Ive been waiting 4 months!!!!!

AaronZ3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is there anything else that rivals the 50mm 1.4 because im going to be doing a style blog and the 50mm was used by someone else and the pics amazing!!! dirtyhairhalo.com. I need to start this blog fast!!!!!! What lense do i use. And i use a nikon d3000 which has a bad reputation. What do i do?!?!?!?!

G
Is there anything else that rivals the 50mm 1.4 because im going to be doing a style blog and the 50mm was used by someone else and the pics amazing!!! dirtyhairhalo.com. I need to start this blog fast!!!!!! What lense do i use. And i use a nikon d3000 which has a bad reputation. What do i do?!?!?!?!
Well all depends on what you want, a 50 1.4 is going to be awesome even on a d3000 I would keep the camera it's not THAT bad, upgrade the camera maybe when the d3200 is out, and if you really need to. I think the 50 1.8 is also great, I would have a hard time deciding between the two.

check out the sigma 1.4... I love mine!

I am curious as to why you are putting the 1.4 on a D3000... when you could pick up the 50mm 1.8 for a lot less, and you probably wouldn't see a difference!

check out the sigma 1.4... I love mine!

I am curious as to why you are putting the 1.4 on a D3000... when you could pick up the 50mm 1.8 for a lot less, and you probably wouldn't see a difference!

Agreed! Check out various YouTube and web comparisons of the 1.4 and 1.8. I really don't think you can go wrong with the 1.8. It'll save you some bucks, and you should find it much more readily available.

Here's one comparison I particularly liked:

Last edited by a moderator:
Grab yourself a 35mm 1.8 and be just as satisfied.

Most reactions

Back