50mm B/W first time using it.

platano

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Nikon D40 and a 50mm AF (yeah not the AF-S) have to do everything manual. i just got it today so im a little shaky on it still. CC always a + thanks guys.

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

Cute kid :D.

Why did you choose to do this in black and white?

(Isn't the 50 mm an awesome lens?)

Cute kid :D.

Why did you choose to do this in black and white?

(Isn't the 50 mm an awesome lens?)

I really never post in the B/W forum (this is probably my first time) so i decided to make them B/W. and yes.. that lens is sweet.. i just wish i had the auto focus sometimes, but doing it all manual its alot of fun too.

I'm afraid, his face is too dark in many, for the background (sky) is so bright behind him and you did not use fill flash to fight the effect and add a catchlight to his eyes. In all of them, his eyes are just black holes. I am sure he has the most wonderful brown eyes, but it doesn't show. Were these taken later during the afternoon? Was it beginning to grow darker? I think you did have some difficulty focussing manually, and that could have been because of lower light (?).

it was about sunset and yes difficulty focusing cause he kept moving and my camera doesnt auto focus with that lens so I have to do it manually fast :p but I see what you are saying, I'll start using the flash. Thanks for the tip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back