5D Successor

prodigy2k7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone have *any* specs for the successor of the 5D?

I have a hunch that its going to be 14MP

well, speculating never helps.

why 14? that would be odd ... now it is almost 13 already ... ;)

In any case, you find spec-lists all over the internet for the 5D mk2 .. and this started already 2 years ago, when people thought it was about time to think of a successor :lmao:

Canon is notoriously tight lipped...you won't know anything until they want you to know...or maybe slightly before, if something leaks while the info is being distributed.

There are really big photographic industry 'trade shows' . The big announcements tend to align with those shoes...or a few weeks before.

Photokina is held every two years and the last one was September 2006...so September 2008 would be a logical time to expect a new model...but you never know until it happens.

Photokina 2008: September 23 - 28 in Cologne, almost right at my current doorstep :)

I think the announcement will be during Photokina. This will be almost 3 years since the D5 came out...I'm waiting myself. I think this will be my next camera. By the time I can afford it, the price will probably have dropped (hopefully).

I think the announcement will be during Photokina. This will be almost 3 years since the D5 came out...I'm waiting myself. I think this will be my next camera. By the time I can afford it, the price will probably have dropped (hopefully).
lol me too, i want full frame, but ill probably just get a 40D or 50D whenever that comes out... Im more of a sports person

lol...
Maybe he got confused with a D40 :S

Dude, check his gear. He is a Canon shooter. I don;t think he would change to Nikon.:lol:

It has been done, the other way too. People's willingness to abandon their gear and their history with one brand just because the other seems to be slightly ahead of the game at one time never ceases to amaze me.

I do this all the time. I don't see it as abandonment so much as I want to try everything.

I've been waiting for the 5D replacement, reading up on all the latest rumors and still nothing solid. I enjoy reading the some of the rumors, but curing cancer!? I heard that feature is buried in the menus.

I want full frame but the other features of the 40D...combined into the next 5D replacement... Like a 40D full frame :p

Most reactions

Back