7D Mk ii - JacaRanda lets see it.

Here you go RonRon! I thought I had shot these at iso 16,000 but all 3 are iso 25,600. I have a general preset in LR and I left those settings except for pulling the noise luminance slider to zero. The rest are a slight S on tone curve.

1) Shamaya
_39A6922 by jsteve5506, on Flickr

2) Valentine
_39A6927 by jsteve5506, on Flickr

3) Valentine
_39A6928 by jsteve5506, on Flickr

upload_2014-11-4_17-48-45.png

Last edited:
Okay, I posted a buttload, boatload of them here Flickr: jsteve5506's Photostream I spent pretty much all of Sunday until the sun went down, playing with the tracking system and getting BIF.

I also added a few from Saturday. Most all shot either in Manual or Aperture Value with auto iso.

Last edited:
OK... coming form a 7D (Mk1) user, although the noise is noticeable... at 25 THOUSAND ISO... that's pretty damn good!

Okay, I posted a buttload, boatload of them here Flickr: jsteve5506's Photostream I spent pretty much all of Sunday until the sun went down, playing with the tracking system and getting BIF.

A few were also from Saturday. Most all shot either in Manual or Aperture Value with auto iso.

Those look excellent. Any news on when LR and PS will be able to read the RAW files? I guess I'll know when they want an update :1219:

There are some really nice ISO 6400 shots in that stream. The 7D-II will never be a FF replacement, but I think low-light results like that are a solid step up from prior Canon crop-sensor cameras. That looks like a pretty solid camera at its price point. Congrats, and keep 'em coming!

Those are some really nice shots. I'm impressed.

A few were also from Saturday. Most all shot either in Manual or Aperture Value with auto iso.

Those look excellent. Any news on when LR and PS will be able to read the RAW files? I guess I'll know when they want an update :1219:

True - all I have seen is that they do updates approx every 90 days. Not sure if that's usually adding new cameras to the mix.

Wow, I AM IMPRESSED and you know when you hear that from a serious Nikon fan that means something!!!
Congrats on the new camera and I cant wait to see many more on your Flickr!

There are some really nice ISO 6400 shots in that stream. The 7D-II will never be a FF replacement, but I think low-light results like that are a solid step up from prior Canon crop-sensor cameras. That looks like a pretty solid camera at its price point. Congrats, and keep 'em coming!

I am with you on the price point and it not competing with FF's. I'm not really a pixel peeper although I do try to see and understand what others see (and often I don't or can't). The most important reason for me upgrading from the 60d is the auto focus system. I included some shot sequences to hopefully give an example of how well it tracks along with my lack of panning skills :05.18-flustered:.

Getting basically the same or maybe in some ways a better AF system (at least in terms of the focus points) than the 1DX, pretty much sealed the deal. Similar to the Tamron 150-600. It's good, but the price makes it much mucho gooder :clap:

Wow, I AM IMPRESSED and you know when you hear that from a serious Nikon fan that means something!!!

Thanks goodguy. Totally fits for the type of photography I attempt.

Thanks goodguy. Totally fits for the type of photography I attempt.
You know what really makes me sad ?

Today DSLR has reached a level so high photographers 10 year ago or even 5 years ago could only dream of, yet DSLR is a dyeing breed (hope I didn't misspelled that).
Both our new cameras are probably last of their breed.
I have a feeling the 7D III will be mirrorless with even faster and better AF with a smaller body and will be better in every way.
Alas lets enjoy these for as long as we can :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back