$8,000 to spend? What would you get?

A Sony RX1 for starters, then I'd have to think what to do with the rest of the money. Perhaps also a new Sigma DP1 with the Merrill chip, and then I'd still have to think what to do with the rest of the money.

You're really into those Kardashian Point and Shoots.

one of these:

canonpressphoto70200ii.jpg

one of these:

canon_24_70_ii.jpg

one of these:

Canon-TS-E-17mm-f-4-L-Tilt-Shift-Lens.jpg

and some beer ;)

I already spent over 8,000 its in my sig =)

A Sony RX1 for starters, then I'd have to think what to do with the rest of the money. Perhaps also a new Sigma DP1 with the Merrill chip, and then I'd still have to think what to do with the rest of the money.

That would very nice ..both DPMs and the RX1!

I tease, calling these type of cameras "Kardashian Point and Shoots", but I agree I would like to have an RX1 and would gladly trade my DSLR for one, actually.

One of my favorite cameras is teh fixed-lens, fixed focal length Canonet G III QL-17.

On the topic of costs, i see that it's possible to rent a D4 from a company advertising in UK magazine 'Advanced Photographer', for about US$200 per day. I wonder how many pros rent their gear for
ssignments, like this? ..or who does rent D4s like this, for the day? If you did it every fortnight for
a year, it would be about the same as buying..but you've always got the lastest camera
available.

^^ the D4 is downright cheap compared to some equipment. I have a hard time seeing many photographers affording a $75,000 camera system.

^^ the D4 is downright cheap compared to some equipment. I have a hard time seeing many photographers affording a $75,000 camera system.

Yes..it's all relative. Which would you prefer..rent for each gig and cost that in..or buy outright
and replace every few years?

The economics of lease or buy is one of the toughest business decisions to make. I don't know if there is ever a clear answer.

It would be cool if camera manufacturers had a lease program the way many computer manufacturers do.

Keep the car and save up for the camera gear. Let me ask you this question if I may...What's more important? A car for whatever you may need it for or buy a camera with all the accessories you need or may need for the camera. I say keep the car cause it'll be transportation for yourself and love ones.

Keep the car and save up for the camera gear. Let me ask you this question if I may...What's more important? A car for whatever you may need it for or buy a camera with all the accessories you need or may need for the camera. I say keep the car cause it'll be transportation for yourself and love ones.

There is a difference between a car and a toy. His is a toy that he no longer feels the need for. He NEEDS a good car that has less investment seeing how he's now growing into a family and business. Makes total sense to me to sell the Stage 2 toy in favor of something more family and budget friendly and use the investment in toys he can use in his new directions in life.

unpopular said:

Hey, I need my Hassy H4D. It's essential.

There is a difference between a car and a toy. His is a toy that he no longer feels the need for. He NEEDS a good car that has less investment seeing how he's now growing into a family and business.

Funny how people define terms. I always thought of WRX STi as a "car", and those "family econ" cars for 15-20 grand as "toys."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back