A cheap scanner (Can't stop asking Q's!)

ssgv2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm getting a Canon EOS 300 im about 4 weeks. But there is one prob, i need i cheap scanner for the film. i could get the film developed but that wont be the same.
Please help!

P.s. Sorry, i cant stop adding new threads! I'm new-ish to photography and i have ALOT of Q's!

When I still shot a lot of film...I just has the images put on CD at the time of developing. It was only an extra $2 or something like that. The digital files were not great...but good enough to make 8x10 prints.

For scanning it yourself...there are two types of scanners to consider. Flatbed or film scanner. If you do get a flat bed...get one that has a film scanning attachment.

A film scanner will give you better quality images...but they are not cheap.

I've always heard good things about Epson flatbed scanners.

I have an Epson 4990 pro and it does a pretty good job of scanning. And even though it has been replaced by a newer better one. It cannot be considered cheap (price dropped $200). If you are going to stick to 35mm film. I suggest getting a Minolta Dual Scan 4. Probably $200 on ebay. Prime film makes a camparable one (3600 I think). I would stay away from the cheaper flat beds unless you think you are going to use it for film or other things larger than 35mm. Microtek makes a decent flatbed as does Epson if you really want to go that route. I saw an Epson 4490 for around $175 that had some good specs. Like the 4990 without the built in light in the lid. Comes with digital Ice though. Good program.

ssgv2 said:
I'm getting a Canon EOS 300 im about 4 weeks. But there is one prob, i need i cheap scanner for the film. i could get the film developed but that wont be the same.
Please help!

P.s. Sorry, i cant stop adding new threads! I'm new-ish to photography and i have ALOT of Q's!

Understand that you will have to get the film developed before you can scan it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back