thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
shot these today of sarah.

just used a 48" (i think) circular diffuser to help with the light, since it was around 1:00p

thanks for looking!!

Sarah008sm.jpg

Sarah012editbwblursm-1.jpg

heres a snap i took inside a couple months ago (just so you can see the difference...she died her hair :))

kids002-sm-1.jpg

All beautiful shots.
I'm not sure why, but I wish both her eyes were in sharp focus in #1. One eye being slightly oof at that angle doesn't usually bother me. I can't help but notice it here though. Maybe it's just because her eyes are so beautiful and my attention is instantly drawn to them?

I agree with woodsac, definitely beautiful shots. I love her eyes in the first shot. The second shot is probably my favorite though. Thanks for mentioning that she dyed her hair. I wouldn't have even noticed! :)

She is stunning...and you have captured her very well.

I love both of your photos but #2 is just amazing!!!! I love how you brought out her eyes in that one!!!!! Do you mind telling me how you did that?

I love both of your photos but #2 is just amazing!!!! I love how you brought out her eyes in that one!!!!! Do you mind telling me how you did that?

thanks!

it's a combination of a layered diffuse glow and gaussian blur i believe, set to a fairly low opacity. I sharpened only the eyes, which brought them out more than the rest of the face in the finished product. thanks again!

Good stuff, I like them

Beautiful. I'd like to see a little more contrast in #2. I think I know what you were going for, but to my eye it looks a bit faded. A real black in the image would help that. Moving the black point up in levels really makes the image pop for me. Try 20 for black and .92 for grey.

Great pictures, but I think you had a little help if you know what I mean lol. Her eyes are beautiful. #2 is amazing.

Great pictures, but I think you had a little help if you know what I mean lol. Her eyes are beautiful. #2 is amazing.

What he said. Her eyes are incrediable :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back