A day at the abandoned nuthouse

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was going to post this 2 weeks ago with my ghost picture from the same place, but I noticed another member posted something along the same theme. Seeing how I don't want to give the impression that all the TPF members are crazy enough to want to get IN a mental institution, I took my time with processing.

2638053585_879e30fcf7.jpg

The MS-DOS manual should give an idea of how long this place has been abandoned.
2638053589_34394bd674.jpg

The other from my ghost series of pictures.
2638053595_8089584a1a.jpg

2638053599_d0ce9cfb56.jpg

2638053651_59d6e039c7.jpg

Don't think this is a very good design.
2638053657_3239d5ed96.jpg

2638057815_89376b3818.jpg

There where chroming bottles everywhere so it was a pleasant surprise to find one that wasn't.
2638057821_454434ac57.jpg

2638057827_5faa91e7cf.jpg

2638057831_fdd2136856.jpg

Thanks for looking :) Larger ones on flickr.

great shots.

how are you guys getting into these buildings?? here in VA they keep everything locked

Kudos for going in. Not sure about Australia, but if you see a building all graphiti up like that here, you have to avoid it for your own safetly.
Nice pics :)

Excellent! Looks like newer construction then the ones around here

Looking at the graffiti it is quite clear someone took care of the doors for us :). Front fence was an issue and we looked for rentacops before going in.

Speaking of safety we looked in each building from the outside before going in because we did find things like needles and spent bullet casings, but we did miss one guy. While setting up that shot of my friend playing ghost, the door behind me opened. I grabbed my tripod by the legs just as this guy comes out of a room holding a backpack wheeling a bicycle. He just said "oh hey, I didn't make it all the way home last night so I decided to sleep here, seeya." Needless to say it got the adrenaline going quite a bit.

Chroming is when you spray spraypaint into a bottle and huff the fumes. Not healthy, what ever happened to the normal drugs. Anyway nearly every bottle we found was some funky colour.

Dry3210 the place was built in 1983 and from the looks of it abandoned mid / late 90s. We did find one computer near a phone connection that had a whopping 56k modem on it. :)

I love the last one. The lighting seems to portray what it would "feel" like walking around in there. Have to find one of those buildings by me.

Looking at the graffiti it is quite clear someone took care of the doors for us :). Front fence was an issue and we looked for rentacops before going in.

Speaking of safety we looked in each building from the outside before going in because we did find things like needles and spent bullet casings, but we did miss one guy. While setting up that shot of my friend playing ghost, the door behind me opened. I grabbed my tripod by the legs just as this guy comes out of a room holding a backpack wheeling a bicycle. He just said "oh hey, I didn't make it all the way home last night so I decided to sleep here, seeya." Needless to say it got the adrenaline going quite a bit.

Chroming is when you spray spraypaint into a bottle and huff the fumes. Not healthy, what ever happened to the normal drugs. Anyway nearly every bottle we found was some funky colour.

Dry3210 the place was built in 1983 and from the looks of it abandoned mid / late 90s. We did find one computer near a phone connection that had a whopping 56k modem on it. :)

Hey man, cool to see these kind of shots from Australia, its always american posters posting up these kinds of pics, no where in Sydney to take shots like this, lol, pretty freaky places I rekn,, good work on the shots.. :mrgreen:

I'm sure there are. It's just a case of finding them. I mean Sydney youths have got to have some place to destroy or they'd go nuts right?

Man I love abandoned stuff like this. These are really cool photos.

(and hey I just ditched my 56k modem a week ago so it's not THAT ancient, hahaha)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back