A Feather C&C Please

realitycheck3907

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys I took this shot this morning and i'm just wondering what you think about it. It didn't really seem to turn out right for me, can you guys please tell me how to improve this shot.

DSC_0008-1.jpg

Personally, I think you should either go in closer and really get a look at that detail, or pull back so we can see the whole of the feather. At the moment it's teetering between the two.

It looks a little underexposed. I think just a touch more exposure would make a pretty noticeable improvement, maybe a little more DOF too - the tip & the fuzzy stuff on the bottom look like they're just barely outside of your DOF.

Thanks guys. I did do several where I showed the whole feather but they just didnt turn out either.
I know the composition isn't right, but how about the lighting does it look pretty good??
Josh thanks for the help. I'll have to reshoot later, I used your idea about the shop light.
And here's a little more contrast.
DSC_0008-1-1.jpg

Better with more contrast, I'd go even further, as well as correcting the WB.

The second one looks a lot better. :thumbup:

(It's the same image, tweaked a little - right?)

Yeah the shop lights work pretty good if you're on a low budget (like me, lol). Just make sure you shoot something to use as a white balance reference.

Yeah its the same photo just added some contrast to it.

Photog thanks so much for the suggestion on fixing the WB I didnt even know I could do that. I think it looks alot better now. What do you guys think?
Filterandcontrast.jpg

Yeah, that's a lot better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back