A few beginner questions

Sirene

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so I'm a complete beginner, but I spend a lot of time watching photography and try to learn a little.

I want to learn and be an expert and make amazing pictures in the next year and the next few years make it as part-time career.

My question is this: Can I learn by myself, the net and good books ? Or that would make me lose a lot of time.

I'm interessed in taking the program of the New York Institute of photography ( It's a distance class, as I live in Canada ), is that a good school in your opinion ?

Also is there photographers who has great careers working only with digital photography as I'm not so interessed in learning film-based cameras, it seems more complicated to me ... ?

Thanks for any help and input, I appreciate it :D

You can DEFINATELY learn a lot by yourself with the help of websites and books. Take a look at wikipedia. They tell you a LOT of information and have helped me learn a lot of terms and such.

I have never herd anything about that school so I cant comment there

Yes there are MANY photographers who use digital. Professional Photography is starting to lean mainly towards digital from what I know. It doent hurt to know how to use film tho.

Thanks for your answers

I am enrolled in NYIP and I love it. I highly suggest the courses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back