A few shots

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by nealjpage, Oct 8, 2006.

1. nealjpage

nealjpage multi format master in a film geek package

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This is my first post of pictures. I've been lurking a while and thought I should finally post something for the world to see. These (as are all my pictures) are shot on film and scanned with my flatbed scanner, so there might be a few problems with them. Anyone have comments, crits, etc? Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like #3. I love B&W photos but I think I would that one in color more. Do you have it in color?

3. Lensmeister

Lensmeister TPF Noob!

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF ........ ok that's over with ... lets see about these shots ......

Got to say this and I hope you like this comment but #2 is GREAT ...... seriously ... I have been to the USA and I have seen film ... when they portray small towns they tend to look like that and it's a scene that is immediatly recognisable. Congratulations on capturing a wonderful shot. Only criticism is the small white "sploge" on the right hand side. :( (photoshop it out)

Like the first one too .. an urban feel to it.

Not 100% about the third one but the fourth one is lovely ... were these shot in colour too ?

Anyways theat's my opinion...... again welcome to TPF

4. Hfry

Hfry TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey, yeah Ride on welcome! You have some Good Shots there! What Kind of Camera are you using.... FILM?

5. nealjpage

Photos OK to edit
    No color, sorry. Shot on TriX 400 and processed with D76. Don't ask me about the times or the temps--I never remember them. Shot with a Pentax K1000 and a Vivitar 24-70 zoom.

6. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Are these really your first submissions of photos of your own?
    I have seen you around for ever so long (well, after 258 posts I should have, shouldn't I?), and you never before posted a pic of your own??? I can't believe it :D.

Anyhow, if you don't mind "tweaking" scanned prints a bit just to overcome what results your scanner gives you, you might want to add a bit more contrast to the second and third? Oh, erm, maybe they also are the third and fourth? Am just seeing that there is a red x under "1."... Or do you want to show us how the actual prints came out (did you print them yourself?) and have us comment on that?

For that I cannot.
    I am way too unfamiliar with darkroom work and all the chemicals used and the different films and their emulsions (I am not even sure I am using the right terms here...... ).

7. nealjpage

Photos OK to edit
    I have tried messing with the contrast on my scanner, but it doesn't really work right. The enlargements are much better contrast. I guess to narrow things down, does anyone want to coment on composition and cropping? I can tweak contrast in the darkroom.

And, yes, this is my first post of photos. I really hate scanning negatives, so I don't have many to post. :)