a horse

I agree with Mommy but would like to add 'giving'. Without them giving all of themselves to us, we would never be able to fly without wings. :goodvibe: Mommy and I are both horsewomen and consequently have our own perspective of horses. :lovey: Maybe someone without such a close bond with horses can weigh in for another perspective.

An interesting, open-ended question. Depends on the horse being photographed. Running free through a meadow? Lying in a wagon on the way to the knackers? Being shod? In a pharmaceutical barn being bled for serum?

You seem to have some preconceptions here. Have you thought out your question in detail?

i like how fluid horses are, and since i love movement, and fluidity (ie: hair and body), i like them aesthetically

i see where you're coming from with symbolism of a healthy horse in a landscape and proper lens (don't want to use a super-wide angle up close at their nose), but to me that symbolism has almost become a cliche

They remind me of the Lord of the Rings mostly :mrgreen: .. they are nice to Photograph though.

Unfortunately the question as phrased is nonsensical.
What is actually being asked here is:
What do you think of when you read the sentence 'when you see a photo of a horse what do you think it symbolizes'?

When we read we make associations between words and ideas, but they are limited.
For example, when you read the word 'rose' in a sentence you will rarely bother to hold a clear image of a rose in passing.
If you are asked to think about the word 'rose' then you will but it will, in general, be a cliche image. And for most people this image will be one of two colours*.
The associations made will also be affected somewhat by the context.
'I gave my love a rose' - what colour do you see? The symbolism is obvious.
When you look at an image the associations and symbolism are far more complex as there is considerably more information coming in along with it.
The original question can only really be answered by showing us a picture first and then asking the question 'what do you think this symbolises?'

*Red or white.

Most reactions

Back