A mixture of shots for C&C

Kansasdude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out yesterday afternoon trying to find something interesting to photograph, and found several things that caught my eye. The question is whether they work for anyone else.

The Shots:
4492600924_bcefbd941d_o.jpg

#2 (The focus point is a bit off, but I like the composition of this one better than the others in the set)
4491960791_9304886879_o.jpg

4491957607_ef61b67fe3_o.jpg

#4 I pushed the processing a bit to bring out the shadow details. Too much?
4492596498_6e5a45815e_o.jpg

#5 Again upped the shadow detail.
4492595918_1608b59821_o.jpg

So what do you think? Good, bad, indifferent?

I think its great that you're being creative and looking for interesting things to shoot. I really like no.1 - its got a lot of good things going on. Foreground grass nicely out of focus leading to a contrasting yellow metal machine which gives a lead up to the sky - which also has some great texture in it. Works well for me :)

I really like number one. Great angle.. Great color. I dont know much about lighting or the other pro stuff, but good job.

I like the focus of number 1 combined with the composition of number 2 minus the bails of hay. I like the repeating lines in the "contraption" leading to the lines in the sky. It's almost as if the contraption is causing the ripples in the clouds.

as others... #1 is great. The others lack focus or proper exposure (all the the under side.) Get back there at sunrise/sunset and make that yellow pop.

p!nK

as others... #1 is great. The others lack focus or proper exposure (all the the under side.) Get back there at sunrise/sunset and make that yellow pop.

p!nK
It's funny to hear you say that because I was shooting at near sunset! I could play with white balance but that was how the camera saw it. As for the others being too dark, I was blowing out highlights so I dropped the exposure a bit. (I like contrasty photos, so probably doesn't help either.) The dynamic range of the scenes were beyond what the camera was capable of capturing.

But thanks for your input! It's always interesting to see how others view one's work...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back