A new proccess!!!!

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I came across a new proccess, and I'm really liking the results!

3213239071_2bd0c20746_b.jpg

Ok once I find my jaw care to share the process :)
fantastic shot HDR/tonemapped/NDgrad? or single exposure trickery?

Ok once I find my jaw care to share the process :)
fantastic shot HDR/tonemapped/NDgrad? or single exposure trickery?

I took the middle and lightest pictures of an autobracketed series. I put the lightest one as the background layer in CS3 and edited the forground until it looked like it did that day I was there. I then took the middle shot and placed it over the light shot as a second layer, making sure that it was lined up correctly (I hand held the AEB series). I duplicated the light layer and added a threshold layer above that layer and adjusted it so that I had the sky was white and the forground black, and I merged those two layers together. I Ctrl-A that layer Ctrl-C that layer. I added a layer mask to the middle layer, and pressed Alt while I clicked on the layer mask to edit it. I then pasted the black-white layer onto that mask. You can add a blur to that layer mask but on this one it didn't look good. Adding a layer mask to a layer makes it so that any part of that mask that is white will show up in the picture and anything that is black will not, and anything that is a gray is some percentage of it showing. I have used this process last night to take a pano of my apartment complex at sunset and then at night and put the night pano over the sunset pano and added a gradiant to night pano so that the sunset merged into a night shot. I'm really excited about the possiblities this adds. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while but never knew how. This is where I found the basics:
Digital Blending

great shot, sounds like a cool process

Here is a couple more another excamples of what this process opens up to do.
These pictures are not techically right on many levels but it does show the potential of the process once I refine my picture taking abilities.

3220411408_f5ee51fcdf_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back