A problem

dsd-13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello fellow humans !

I have a problem with my tripod, I screwed out a pin to see if I can do anything usefull with the parts seperated (I was just in such mood) and now I can't seem to get it back in again.

Also, I was never eable to pull out the pin (it isnt a screw) with my hands, I don't want to put a lot of force on it with a tool or something.

Do any of you know how I can screw it back again ? many thanks !

It doesn't have a knob, but I can solder one on when it's back in again.

IMGP6543.JPG
IMGP6544.JPG

Last edited:
post a photo

I see it, but I don't understand it, unless you turned the head off the top. Removing a broken screw can be done by a machinist. There is a special tool like a tap, for that.

I see the broken stub, but like CC, I don't see the issue you're talking about. If two thread parts are "unscrewed", then why can't you simply "screw" them together? What is happening when you try and do this?

Looks like you've sheared the head off the screw if I'm seeing it right. You could try cutting a slot in the broken piece with a hacksaw and using a slotted screwdriver to remove it, if that doesn't work you'll need to use easy outs or drill it out and re tap the thread.

I see the broken stub, but like CC, I don't see the issue you're talking about. If two thread parts are "unscrewed", then why can't you simply "screw" them together? What is happening when you try and do this?

I pulled off the silver ring.

You have the black piece of metal that holds everything, inside the hole is a hollow brown cylinder, inside that is a brown plug. I can move the brown cylinder in and out a bit, and turn it, I can push and pull the plug in and out, and turn it independently from the brown cylinder.

Nothing seems to happen when I push and turn the brown plug.

Looks like you've sheared the head off the screw if I'm seeing it right. You could try cutting a slot in the broken piece with a hacksaw and using a slotted screwdriver to remove it, if that doesn't work you'll need to use easy outs or drill it out and re tap the thread.

Also, I was never eable to pull out the pin all the way with my hands, only a bit, I don't want to put a lot of force on it with a tool or something.

Most reactions

Back