A Question of the instant films...

CDG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I was looking on the polaroid website when I stubled on something I never noticed before. A case of type 664 B&W film going for less than $25?

http://shopus.polaroid.com/shop/public/search/dsp_quick_search_results.cfm?category_code_id=626&subcategory=B06

I guess I want to know if there's any reason I can't use this film in my SuperShooter. I also want to just make sure- it says a case of 25 boxes of twins. I'm assuming this means 50 packs total. 8 exposures per pack- you can do the math. That's insanely cheap for peel apart film, if that is the price of a case, and not just the price per pack. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

It just seems like too good of a deal to be true- do you think this is a typo? Or is there something about 664 that makes it undesireable or particularly low quality? The little specs that are posted on it seem to me like it would be an OK film for outdoor photography with no flash... and it says it fits in "classic pack film cameras".

If you click on the link it says: 10 exposures per pack/2 packs per box. I'd say that's 20 exposures in that box as I read it?

According to a website I found it may not work anyway, your camera apparantly takes these films:

Type 669 – ISO 80 rectangular format, color
Type 667 – ISO 3000, rectangular, black & white
Type 665 – ISO 80, rectangular, black & white
Type 88 – ISO 80, square, color
Type 85 – ISO 80, square, black & white
Type 87 – ISO 3000, square, black & white

I don't know anything about this stuff, just googled it - a technique everyone should learn!!

Good luck.

Rob

I appreciate your time to google that stuff...

I have generally had good luck with type 667, but I only wanted to know if anybody has used type 664 with any kind of success. See, I'm not sure with the greater ISO if it will work with a slightly longer development time or what...

I get the 10 exposures per pack, 2 packs per box deal, but what does 25 twins per case mean? Because I think that the site is selling a case for that cost, although it can be a typo of course. Before pursuing the exact cost though, I want to know if it would hypothetically work in my camera.

Edit: fixed typos.

Hey I could really use any insight here... I don't think there's any physical reason the pack won't fit in my camera... but I don't want to buy a case of something I can't use. And is this price for a case, or for just a box? I don't get it...

Go check out the product descriptions on the polaroid website and they tell you where you can fit the different types of film. It's pretty handy.

hobbes28 said:
Go check out the product descriptions on the polaroid website and they tell you where you can fit the different types of film. It's pretty handy.
Good advice. You can also try the 800# and see if someone there can tell you whether or not it'd be a waste of $$, or if you can make it work with a slight moderation. I wouldn't buy it without a plan, though! Good luck. :D

Yeah, the website says it can work with "classic packfilm cameras" but is not any more specific than that. I guess I'll try calling their number tomorrow to see if someone at Polaroid can tell me- I hadn't considered that.

Most reactions

Back