A shot from this weekend

SimplyEuphoric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rm-photography.tripod.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went fishing this weekend, and the whole time there was a snapping turtle hanging out with us. He was just following us around for a good half hour. I think someone might feed him on a regular basis because I've never had that happen to me.

Well, anyway, I decided I would take a couple quick shots of him. Critiques are very welcome.

dsc08460btq5.jpg

dsc08461bip8.jpg

It took a lot of photoshop to get the green algaed look out of the picture. I've never taken a photo of something IN the water before. Here's the originals:
dsc08460qe9.jpg

dsc08461cw0.jpg

Not really much to critique about these pictures; technically they have a number of issues, but that's because of the conditions. These are (and I don't mean this as a negative statement) documentary pictures rather than photographs.

I like them. You can process all of that specular glare out of them in PH too if you want. It's not hard. It kinda makes him look like a monster from the deep lagoon rising up to reek havoc on a nearby village with it tho. ;)

When I looked at #1 before I scrolled down or read anything I thought: Oh, cool someone is into deep-space photography! Which nebula is that? :D Took me five minutes to realize what it was but only after I had decided that it must be a fake because there was no nebula that looked like that visible from Earth. Hey, I'm serious.

Now that I know what it is I can no longer get my brain to see the nebula in it - just the memory lingers. Odd that!

When I looked at #1 before I scrolled down or read anything I thought: Oh, cool someone is into deep-space photography! Which nebula is that?
Hahaha, oh gosh. My Dad said the same thing. The goofy old man said I should name the photo "Turtle Nebula"

How do you take the glare out? All i have is Paint Shop Pro 8, its nice, but not the best.

I like them both ... maybe because I've never seen a snapper turtle before, not in zoos, not knowingly in photos, and for sure never out in the wild (they don't exist where I am). The pp looks ok, I'm sure there's more that could be done, but I already like what you did.
Is it bubbles from the turte breathing in the top of the top photo?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back