A Small Wedding Of 40 or So People

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey everything i will be shooting a very small wedding this weekend of 40 or so people. my question is should i rent a 24-70 f.2.8 tamron or 70-200 f2.8 i will be using my nikon d7000 and a sb910 flash please let me know everyone thank you for all your help.

Depends what glass you own and what you are doing. The 24-70 is handy for walking around and isn't as big as I thought. But a 70-200 2.8 is a great lens all around and would be my go to for the portraits

i will be taking family shots bridge and groom and family etc its only a 4 hour job and i'm the only photographer i just need help on what lens to rent.

Or if you are feeling ballsy go with a 135 and the 50mm Sigma art

its only for 4hours so i dont think i will need both lens and there is only going to be 40 or so people which is not alot compared to a 8 hour gig that has 300 people lol.

its only for 4hours so i dont think i will need both lens and there is only going to be 40 or so people which is not alot compared to a 8 hour gig that has 300 people lol.

If you've been hired and paid... Doesn't matter how long it is or the size. You're still expected to produce. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

If you've been hired and paid... Doesn't matter how long it is or the size. You're still expected to produce. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

This, exactly! It doesn't matter whether there are fourteen people or four-hundred. The key shots are still the same; in fact the only thing that will really differ is the number of candids, distant releatives and reception shots. IMO, the minimum to PROPERLY cover any wedding is 14-200 f2.8 minimum, two bodies and two speedlights.

Well, the 24-70 is going to be the more-versatile lens; 70-200 is VERY long, very narrow-angle on a DX Nikon body. What else do you have to shoot with? Do you have a wide-angle lens of some sort?

The last wedding I shot was with my D7000 and a 16-85 f3.5-5.6 and a SB910 It was mostly outside so the lens speed was not an issue. For what you are doing I think the 24-70 will do nicely. The 24 is wide enough for your group shots and 70 is long enough for portraits. The 70-200 will be great for candides but way too long for any group shots so you will still need the 24-70. If you can swing it, get both lenses and another body.

Outside? The 70-200 would be preferable, IMO. And a good 50mm or 35mm 1.4/1.8 prime.

it will be inside at her mothers house. i will be renting the 24-70 since that will give me a wide angle at 24 for group shots.

On a crop camera I think the 24-70 will be the most used, but i like the 70-200 for spotaneous and close up porttraits. Have you ever shot in comparable circumstances?
take a look at what focal length te majority of those pics were taken and did you need more tele or more wide angel ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back