The rings
IMG_4360.jpg

Details
IMG_4549.jpg

Reception
IMG_4572bw.jpg

First dance
IMG_4614.jpg

WOW! Alison...these are simply great...Reception is superb!!!

Hey...how you made...only remaining colors on the flowers and all other B&W???

Great photos! I think "reception" photo is my favorite, but like them all. Wish I'd had photos like this from my wedding, they were all so staged :? and what the photographer didn't stage came out horrid. Ah well. Nice work here!!!

Thanks for the comments!

Moni, to do selective color you can try one of many ways. The way I learned was to select the area you want left in color with lasso tool, then go to Select >>> Inverse which will but a border around the remaining areas. Then go to Image >>> Adjust >>> Desaturate and viola! I do have to work on the contrast/brightness afterwards to get the black and white to pop.

Lungfarmer, I would have loved shots like this at my wedding too. The woman my photographer brought to shoot candids didn't to a great job and her black and white were all more like grey. This couple was married in a simple outdoor ceremony and afterwards had a BBQ in their backyard and changed into jeans and t-shirts. It was the best wedding I have been to!

I am thinking of entering Reception into a local town photo contest, glad you all like it as much as I do, hopefully the judges will feel the same way :)

I really like the fifth photo, it's just amazing.

Great series....

I always see people taking so many pictures at weddings...all the same boring stuff...and never capturing the essence...like you have done.

Great work.

These are simply beautiful shots Alison !!

Hard to pick faves .....if pressed I'd say 'The Processional ' ' The Rings ' & ' Reception ' are standouts.

And you should most definately enter 'Reception' in the contest , Alison !

I always love your shots :hug:

( Mental Note : If I ever get married , must fly Alison over to photograph it ... ;) )

Oooohhhhh, please do! I'd love to go back to Australia. I was an exhange student in high school and lived in Port Pirie (I think that's how you spell it). Anyway, it was so pretty........

Thanks for the comments, it means a lot!

hmmm....i like the dance one....just not much to say about the rest...

Most reactions

Back