A wee wake up call

Alex_B said:
ouch!!! injections in the toes do hurt :( .... but good you survived this without fainting :)

Oh yeah lol!

I was about to ask him exactly how he goes about taking a perfectly good toenail off but I thought "hell, what am I doin?! I DON'T wanna KNOW!"

Have had two 8 hour surgeries on my jaw in my life, dislocated a knee a few times, had four wisdom teeth taken out at once and had my navel sliced open from groin to beyond belly button in an emergency surgery after my appendix had been burst four hours prior....it's funny, I can handle those without shuddering and feelin like throwin up thinkin about...

Taking my toenail right off though, made me wanna cry for mummy! :lol:

hmm, two of my tonails once went black and simply fell off ... no pain at all ;) ... (this was on a hiking trip ;) )

:shock: Seriously, just reading that made my stomach turn. You're one brave woman! I am SO SO SO SO happy that the immigration meeting went well. You guys are such a great couple :D I hope you get the results quickly and I'm thinking of you! :hug::

I'm so glad that part is over, Lumi! :hug:: You take care of that toe, no kicking anyone's butt right now. That description of you hobbling after Josh cracked me UP.

Congrats on the immigration results! :cheer: Bureaucracy isn't supposed to go like that! I guess all the day's pain, suffering, and torture was reserved for your toe. :lol:

Good luck. I havent been a praying man in quite awhile but you are in my toughts.

Wow, just reading your description made me crinch!!!!! Ouch the tought of a nice toenail being torn off just creeps me out!!!!!! You sound like you handled it better then I would of. Good Luck with the results.

Haha thanks guys!

Biopsy results back, it aint melanoma! Turned out to be a bloody (scuse the pun) heomatoma (sp?). Basically, a blood vessel burst under the toenail. It sure LOOKED like a melanoma.

A weeks gone by since my toenail was ripped off and it still hurts. Can kinda walk now without too much of a limp but it's my second day back at work and I find that I walk home from the train station after work and I'm hurtin. Stings like hell, still.

Co-workers are gettin good at callin me 'hop-a-long' lol!

Portrait of an abused toe, it still doesn't like me...

poortoe1.jpg

That's good news...congrats. :hugs:

On the other hand, ouch!

That news made my day! I am SO relieved for you. Rest easy hop-a-long ;)

w00t!! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back