Aaaand they're off...

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got back from hanging 10 of my images at a local dentist's office for my first "showing". It's funny, but that was literally the culmination of a good 6-8 months worth of rather exhaustive work...

printing...

re-printing...

re-printing again... :lol:

It's amazing how much of a pandoras box this whole thing became, but I've learned a lot. It will be interesting to see if anything actually sells, but it was kinda neat just seeing them hanging up on the wall at the dentist.

It's also kinda weird to leave them behind. In one way or another all of those pictures have been within eyesight for the past 6 months or so. The wall in my office is absolutely barren. :lol:

Anyway, just felt like sharing.

hmmm you need another 10 prints for your office wall - get shooting!
and good luck with the images - great that you got printing undercontrol (I have yet to tame the printers) :)

doctors - dentists - coffee shops - caffs - anywhere people go and gather is a good place to try - they get something for the wall and you get the chance of orders and sales.
If you were to have - say 20 shots you could send 5 to 4 establishments then move them around every so often - changing the shot would generate new interest

i should consider doing this, seeing as my dad is a dentist

Never really thought about doing that. So were they calming shots? Some people may need that being there.

So were they calming shots?

I believe this was one of the ten......

teeth.JPG

I can only imagine what he would have hung on the wall if it was a Doctor's office waiting room!

;-]

(on a more serious point - good for you on getting your work out there!)

^^^ OMFG... my eyes... the burning! :lol:

Thanks, all. :lol: Yeah, actually I suppose most of my shots are pretty calming, except maybe the one of the bridge from the air, but everyone seems to love that one. (Well, except people here for some reason... :lol:)

You guys would be amazed at how easy it seems to be to get your works hung in businesses. Really, you just have to have the nerve to ask about it and have some samples to show. I've talked to a couple of other businesses and they've all been very receptive. I actually have been considering printing up another 10 images just to be able to show at 2 places at once. (or, as overread suggested... to have something to hang on my wall at work... :lol:)

I actually *did* sell one hanging on my wall at work, too.

what kind of images are you hanging? landscapes or architecture i would assume?

Sweet Jesus! Slapshot, warn a guy before you do crap like that! :shock:

Day-Uhmmm! That guy was young enough to not have a white hair in that beard to boot!!! :thumbdown:
:lol: :lol:

Chris, good luck on your work, and way to go on getting it out there!

you'd be surprised to hear what my dad has told me about some of his patients. it's shocking how little some people care about their mouths

what kind of images are you hanging? landscapes or architecture i would assume?

Mostly images from around Boston. 4 from around dawn on the ocean on the way out to a deep sea fishing trip, 1 of a Boston nighttime city skyline, 1 of the Zakim bridge from the air, 1 of the Zakim bridge at night, 1 of a beach north of Boston from the air... oh and one of a fan from the 1920s taken with a snoot. :lol:

If people are bored/curious enough I could post them here.

Chris, good luck on your work, and way to go on getting it out there!

Thank ye! :)

ahh i see, i wouldn't mind seeing the pictures if you're willing to share them.

boston seems like such a cool city, plus it has a really good music scene as opposed to where i live which is a joke

Ok, I'm gonna break the 2-3 images per post rule... :)

Since these first four are all from one series, I'll post them in one message and then do the rest seperately.

==1==
Deep%20Sea%20Fishing%20Trip%20-%20Heading%20Out%20-%20003.jpg

==2==
Deep%20Sea%20Fishing%20Trip%20-%20Heading%20Out%20-%20010.jpg

==3==
Deep%20Sea%20Fishing%20Trip%20-%20Heading%20Out%20-%20016.jpg

==4==
Deep%20Sea%20Fishing%20Trip%20-%20Heading%20Out%20-%20024.jpg

I actually should re-do these. I've tuned up the saturation a bit on them since I originally created these.

And there's my ever-present Boston skyline shot...

==5==
Financial%20District%20Skyline%20-%20July%202008%20-%20009%20tpf.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back