Abandoned Places

Jasek, What was the police line for?

It was just laying there. I heard they want to open up the pool again. It is closed down because about 9 years ago a girl drowned in it and since then its been closed. But they are planning to reopen it, and also they make concerts there also. As for being back to the police line, I also saw a water hose in there, the one that the firefighters use.

Hmm They closed the entire pool because a girl drowned?! Isn't that what lifeguards are for?!

save0055.jpg

I've never seen anything like it...

I came across this house that had been abandoned since, apparently, 2004.. It was a mess. Vandals had ransacked the place. It was a sad sight, both inside and out, and I'd love to know the story behind it.

AbandonmentFranklin051Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin081Large-1.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin082Large-1.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin083Large-1.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin084Large-1.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin085Large-1.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin086Large-1.jpg

A child's toy Big Bird...

AbandonmentFranklin087Large-1.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin088Large-1.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin089Large-1.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin090Large-1.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin048Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin049Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin050Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin052Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin053Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin054Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin055Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin056Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin057Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin058Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin059Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin060Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin061Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin062Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin063Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin064Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin065Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin066Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin067Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin068Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin069Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin070Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin071Large.jpg

A stereo, complete with speakers:

AbandonmentFranklin072Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin073Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin074Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin075Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin076Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin077Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin078Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin078Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin079Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin080Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin081Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin018Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin019Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin020Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin021Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin022Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin023Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin024Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin025Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin026Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin027Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin028Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin029Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin030Large.jpg

They just walked away.... I've never seen anything like it.

AbandonmentFranklin031Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin032Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin033Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin034Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin035Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin036Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin037Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin038Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin039Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin040Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin041Large.jpg

AbandonmentFranklin042Large.jpg

Sinner....that rocks!!!!:thumbup::thumbup: Hope you find the history, cause it would be interesting to hear.
I have found some gems here too. :D

Old farmhouse

2972282389_6a24847789.jpg

Old jail

2942023925_e2e382b5e9.jpg

08cb2efa.jpg

Another old boys jail

StJohn_71.jpg

Old Army Base

e39c44dd.jpg

Old Factory that made oils I think

3a416495.jpg

Old Brick making factory

donmillsbrickworks_21.jpg

5b1cd645.jpg

Old Firestone factory

b89988cd.jpg

cd120f41.jpg

3f231c02.jpg

Old Power generation station

d3e8cfe8.jpg

429dc5a2.jpg

c222635e.jpg

Old Max security jail

7e88f6cf.jpg

26a57d5b.jpg

Old Kodak office

1e2296bc.jpg

Old ballroom floor in a Hotel thats under reconstruction

King-E.jpg

View from ballroom
King-E_4.jpg

Abandoned mansion
39070279.jpg

Old recycling plant (i believe)

703d808b.jpg

5abdd89c.jpg

86f51796.jpg

Old garbage transfer station

e51d62e5.jpg

8c705c92.jpg

Nice shooting Cereal.
Was that army base the one in Gravenhurst? And is the Old boys jail the one near Uxbridge. I was thinking of trespassing there soon.
I got into Camp 30, before it was surrounded by security. What a trip.

Nice shooting Cereal.
Was that army base the one in Gravenhurst? And is the Old boys jail the one near Uxbridge. I was thinking of trespassing there soon.
I got into Camp 30, before it was surrounded by security. What a trip.

The army base was actually closer to Barrie or Orillia. Right in the middle sort of. I wasn't aware of anything near Gravenhurst except for an asylum, Yes, the old boys jail is near Uxbridge and if your thinking of going there soon, I suggest you move fast as they closed most of the holes in the fence and also welded all doors and windows shut. I was going to try came 30 but its a bit far for being such a small place. I also wasnt aware it had security there.

The army base was actually closer to Barrie or Orillia. Right in the middle sort of. I wasn't aware of anything near Gravenhurst except for an asylum, Yes, the old boys jail is near Uxbridge and if your thinking of going there soon, I suggest you move fast as they closed most of the holes in the fence and also welded all doors and windows shut. I was going to try came 30 but its a bit far for being such a small place. I also wasnt aware it had security there.
....k...I know where that is then. I have not tried the Gravenhurst gig yet, or the Uxbridge one. Camp 30 got too popular, cause of the newspaper article. I heard the OPP use that Orillia place for training now.
Then some people set some fires. I was there the day after the news article, and got into 3 buildings, and the basements. I think there are some pics here a few pages back.
I also plan to get in the Sundial inn. I found 2 openings, but had my dog with me.
There is also and abandoned Hotel on 427, on the west side, but I could not find an opening.
In the last week, I got into that abandoned inn/Gas station on hwy 11 in Oro...that was cool. Also found some great ol houses that are open up Hwy 48, and 169. Another cool shoot is the Coopers Falls ghost town, but there are still some residents hanging around there watching.
I have a ton to post, but just have not had the time. :er:

....k...I know where that is then. I have not tried the Gravenhurst gig yet, or the Uxbridge one. Camp 30 got too popular, cause of the newspaper article. I heard the OPP use that Orillia place for training now.
Then some people set some fires. I was there the day after the news article, and got into 3 buildings, and the basements. I think there are some pics here a few pages back.
I also plan to get in the Sundial inn. I found 2 openings, but had my dog with me.
There is also and abandoned Hotel on 427, on the west side, but I could not find an opening.
In the last week, I got into that abandoned inn/Gas station on hwy 11 in Oro...that was cool. Also found some great ol houses that are open up Hwy 48, and 169. Another cool shoot is the Coopers Falls ghost town, but there are still some residents hanging around there watching.
I have a ton to post, but just have not had the time. :er:

Oh wow, seems like you are really into this stuff. maybe you should check out uer.ca as it's all about this Urban Exploration (aka abandonments) and it has its own Ontario forum which is pretty cool. I have been to alot of places but still so so many to check out!

Oh wow, seems like you are really into this stuff. maybe you should check out uer.ca as it's all about this Urban Exploration (aka abandonments) and it has its own Ontario forum which is pretty cool. I have been to alot of places but still so so many to check out!
yeah....I have gotten into it more over the last two years. I was in Georgetown today, but the weather was so crap. I wanted to find that abandoned building along the river. I think it was a brick company too.
Im on Uer too. I also joined Ghost Towns of Ontario. Some cool places out there, not enough time to find them. :er:
I have a gallery on my web site that I have been working on, dedicated to abandoned places.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back