Abandoned Places

Cereal,

How long has that mansion been abandoned, and why?! I wonder if I could move in without anyone knowing... lol AND if it is haunted... ADDED BONUS LOL!!

While driving back from a wee northern trip, I came across this pair of houses in the woods. I hid my car in the bushes, ......sort of, and trekked in. One house was a stone house, very old, but the house next to it, seemed to be built later.
What got me was this stone house had the makings of horror movie all over it. This is the front entrance.

IMG_3508xx.jpg

As I rounded the corner, hoping to find an entrance, I was stopped in my tracks by the dead body.

IMG_3524xx.jpg

............yeah, it made the ol heart take a double quick beat. This home made doll was the size of a young boy.

Found my way to the front porch, where it got wierder. Stephen King books scattered down the side of the porch, but this open one sat on an old dresser.

IMG_3517xx.jpg

I climbed through the mess, hoping to get my arse between those 2x4's, and when I approached the door, I noticed this. ....garlic?....and a duct tape cross?

IMG_3521xx.jpg

........and what happened to Cujo?

IMG_3509xx.jpg

..and the missing famlies camper.

IMG_3507xx.jpg

this was the best I could get of inside, till I can get back with a special tool....no , not my friend.

IMG_3520xx.jpg

the last view, before I made my way to the other house.

IMG_3505xx.jpg

....inside the garage was a treat too.

....across from the house that Stephen built.
338281952_YLCUw-O.gif

This is the little house across the driveway. It was sure cleaned out, but I managed to get inside.

IMG_3504xx.jpg

There was not a lot to see....all the furniture was gone in every room. but this is the kitchen...even the sink missing.
338281952_YLCUw-O.gif

IMG_3499xx.jpg

I wont post the upstairs shots, as there is really nothing except black and white wallpaper. But.......I did find the basement. This is the stairs leading down. I wasnt the dumb cannuck I usally am, and brought a flashlight this time.
102727260_FN6Yq-O.jpg

IMG_3492xx.jpg

The Basement. I checked out that slab of concrete, and it seemed like the furnace might have been on there at one time. Just wanted to make sure it was not a grave.
biggrin.gif
It sure was a creepy little basement being down there alone. Very Blair Witch feeling.

IMG_3502xx.jpg

It was mentionedon another forum about the little boys shoe and leg in the last photo​

I found this old house, that is about 2 wind gusts from being eliminated from the planet.

513182047_EXwmj-L.jpg

Not a lot left of its innards. It was a two bedroom bungalow, with no basement. The holes in the floor only fell about 4 feet down to dirt. It was a challenge to walk aboot in.
As I entered the back door, this was my first view.

513508400_yYKZH-L.jpg

This shot was looking into the bedroom area.

513182069_B6QWT-L.jpg

An image from the living room, looking back towards the kitchen area.

513182057_Lwvr2-L.jpg

oh...I do wear a small doctors mask while in here, and did not stay long. The contamination factor was pretty high me thinks
338281952_YLCUw-O.gif

Last one for a bit....I have too many to show.
This is one of the original train stations back from 1855. It was a major stop on the original Grand Trunk Railway. Im trying to find what happened to the other 9 surviving of the 34 that used to once be in use back in the late 1800s.

511240016_RmuPG-L.jpg

I found an opening in the back. Somebody had broken off one of the boards, and even tho there were many pieces of broken glass around the window, I managed to get my arse in there, but could only manouver into one room. They had it boarded off pretty tight inside.
This is just a handheld shot of the old lockers.

511240087_85pGL-L.jpg

As I was leaving I heard the sound of a train horn in the distance and waited for a bit, but it must have been on another line. I shot this sitting on the tracks.

511240153_u4tm2-L.jpg

Chiller! WOW!! Your shots are fantastic! I would love to know the story of the Stephen King house.. Talk about creepy! And was that a little boys leg attached to the shoe?
Was the half eaten doll, the garlic and the duct tape cross already there, or did you use them as props?

Chiller! WOW!! Your shots are fantastic! I would love to know the story of the Stephen King house.. Talk about creepy! And was that a little boys leg attached to the shoe?
Was the half eaten doll, the garlic and the duct tape cross already there, or did you use them as props?

Hey, BigBully... I love Chiller's shots, too, but it's funny how you didn't so much as make a peep about the pics I posted with the child's room left in disarray by the evacuating adults and Sesame Street posters on the wall, etc... Not to sound like a *****, and all, but do you look at pics from others than Chiller?

I will admit to being jealous of Chiller's finds and his guts, because even if I had found these awesome abandonments, I don't know that I would have had the stones to explore them...

Hey, BigBully... I love Chiller's shots, too, but it's funny how you didn't so much as make a peep about the pics I posted with the child's room left in disarray by the evacuating adults and Sesame Street posters on the wall, etc... Not to sound like a *****, and all, but do you look at pics from others than Chiller?

I will admit to being jealous of Chiller's finds and his guts, because even if I had found these awesome abandonments, I don't know that I would have had the stones to explore them...

Oh, I am soo sorry!!! I totally meant to comment on your fantastic pictures! I was going to ask you about them! What on earth happened there? Is it possible to find out the story? I do look at other peoples pictures other than Chiller's, I just looked at so many today I forgot what I looked at and who I was going to comment on. I'm really sorry:oops: I really hate to make someone as talented as you feel bad, partly because it makes me feel and look like an ass. But mostly it makes you feel bad and inadaquate as a photographer and that is so not the case. Your pictures rock!

Thank you Miss Bully. Everything was shot as it was found. The little boys leg is just a rolled up tube of some sort...might be from a paper towel or something, and the shoe was just there too. That basement was blacker then black, and had the smell of death. I dont think it was used much, or the smell from the open vents where maybe a dead animal was or something. Pretty creepycool tho. :D

yeah....I have gotten into it more over the last two years. I was in Georgetown today, but the weather was so crap. I wanted to find that abandoned building along the river. I think it was a brick company too.
Im on Uer too. I also joined Ghost Towns of Ontario. Some cool places out there, not enough time to find them. :er:
I have a gallery on my web site that I have been working on, dedicated to abandoned places.

Yeah I saw your page and you have some nice photos on Don Valley brick works (which has onsite security now) and the Guild were i have never been because I hear stories of motion detectors. I never knew abandonment was such a largely sought after subject for photographers but you take some good photos. Its so interesting to see what is left after a person leaves a place.

Cereal,

How long has that mansion been abandoned, and why?! I wonder if I could move in without anyone knowing... lol AND if it is haunted... ADDED BONUS LOL!!

I think the owner went to jail and it sat empty for months and people destroyed the house totally. The house was boarded up the day before I went so I couldn't get inside without ripping a board off but I am too paranoid to do that and now the house is up for sale which is funny as it's still boarded up with a keylock on the front door.

That is crazy. I can't believe that those people in your guy's photos, including the people in stsinners, left all of that stuff behind. The only reason I could even come up with as to why is, like cereal said, they went to jail. Or they were scared of something. Hmm *imagination runs wild* Wow, now I have a lot to think about. hmm

Chiller, I don't know how you could stand to be in that house with all the hanging stuff from the ceiling! You have abandonment gold in your area.. Have you ever been approached by the cops while exploring? I'm always wondering if they will let people like us go once we explain that all we are doing is taking pictures and we have the camera to prove it... After all, it seems pretty harmless to me, but the law is the law, and some cops just don't like to give breaks.

Wow.... Amazing and Creepy photos!! Makes me want to go take some. We'll see, I do have a friend that does this stuff so maybe I'll talk to him and see what we can get.

Thanks all, for your comments.

Chiller, I don't know how you could stand to be in that house with all the hanging stuff from the ceiling! You have abandonment gold in your area.. Have you ever been approached by the cops while exploring? I'm always wondering if they will let people like us go once we explain that all we are doing is taking pictures and we have the camera to prove it... After all, it seems pretty harmless to me, but the law is the law, and some cops just don't like to give breaks.
Yeah, that place was creepy. Actually it was avoiding the holes in the floor that were the tough part:lmao: Sometimes the smells are a little out there too.
Never had any issues with the law yet. At Camp 30, I was approached by a "guy" who was keeping an eye on the place, and he just said, I was trespassing on private property. That place is crawling with security now. I would just explain what I was doing, and play dumb about any signs.....dumb comes easy for me. :lmao::lmao:
Cereal.....the Guild Inn has started the renos, so getting in there will be next to impossible. yeah, there are little camera pods everywhere, and the doors are also motion detected. There is also a guard that monitors the outside since the fire. I have my eye on some other places.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back