Abstracts/Architecture

Jeremy Z

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
#1 - (didn't use a fine enough jpeg compression, the diagonals look crappy)
Stairss.jpg

#2 - Which of these next two do you like better and why?
Bridge1s.jpg

Bridge2s.jpg

#4 - Which of these next two do you like better & why?
Chinesey_Bridges.jpg

Chinesey_Bridge2s.jpg

#6 - A church in Zakopane, Poland, Feb, 2006
Zakopane_Churchs.jpg

great shots!

I prefer #2 because I had no idea what I was looking at in the background.

#4 because I find the tree covering the bridge just a bit too distracting

I prefer #2 because I had no idea what I was looking at in the background.
Well, that is the thing. Without #3, one can only guess at what one is looking at in the foreground. :meh:

So what is it, anyway?

(And I feel this is more "General" than "Landscape" or "Nature", although the bridge pics COULD be in there).

Of the bridge pics I like the second a lot better than the first.

But I must say that I like the church in Poland best of all. Mostly so the icicles!

2 and three are very nice !

of the bridge images i prefer tnumber 5 composition wise. in number 4 you have a problem with light and contrast.

the last one, the church, is nice. but nothing more to me. it is like most of my own images, so it cannot be great ;)

don'T get me wrong on the church image! ;) ... i think it is well done and nicely balanced (maybe a bit too shady in the foreground),
but kind of ordinary to me.

don'T get me wrong on the church image! ;) ... i think it is well done and nicely balanced (maybe a bit too shady in the foreground),
but kind of ordinary to me.
Hehehe, don't worry, I have thick skin! That is one of those shots that I cannot see objectively, because I was on vacation and having such a good time. It was my favorite part of visiting Poland; the ancient architecture. It is so very humbling & different compared to anything we have in the states. It gave the feeling that they really took it seriously when they built churches over there. Here? We have them in strip malls sometimes. :thumbdown:

Here is another church picture that is probably not that special, composition-wise:
CorpusChristiInterior4s.jpg

It is the Church of Corpus Christi, in Krakow, Poland. When I walked in there, it was so beautiful as to be humbling. I felt very small. I could not concentrate on anything but the building and the decorations. I wanted to stay there all day, just absorbing the ambience and beauty. This is a lot, coming from an atheist.

Those churches are hard to photograph. So much of them, especially this one, which is black & gold, are dark. But then there is all that light spilling in from up above. I would either have to change different parts of the exposure separately (which I feel is cheating, and I won't do it) or accept that not everything can be exposed right.

Come to think of it, they would probably be easier to photograph at night, when what light there is is at least even.

Offhand, and I'm not making excuses, I should mention that all of those except 4 & 5 were made with an ultrazoom camera, not an SLR. Boy, there were a lot of times I missed a real wide angle with that camera! 38mm just doesn't cut it sometimes.

I like 4 more than 5 because in 5 I don't know what im looking at.

I like the shadows in the first very good :) and 3 more than 4 because 3 seems better composed

Between # 2 and 3 I like 3 better, because it's simpler.

Between # 4 and 5 I prefer # 5 because it inlcudes more interesting surroundings

I like the pic of the church. I never get snow or Ice around here

Most reactions

New Topics

Back