Add one to the newbie count

Photog38

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. I am somewhat new to photography. For the last couple of years, I loved to play with other peoples digital cameras. Then I finally did it...I broke down and bought my own. I bought the Canon S2 IS and it has proved to be a wonderful camera; it's got a nice long lens and good macro features (for a p&s anyway). I really enjoy my camera, but would like to step up to a DSLR someday. And to go with that new camera that I'll get someday, I'd like to buy the canon 100mm f2.8 macro. From the reviews that I've read, it sounds like a good quality lens. I have Photoshop elements 4.0, but haven't done too much with it yet. I've got questions about all this kind of stuff, and this looks like a good place to learn.

Welcome to the forum.

The Canon S# IS series are indeed pretty good digi-cams...but they are toys compared to DSLR cameras. You won't be disappointed when you upgrade...except for the price :lol:

The 100mm F2.8 Macro is indeed a fantastic lens by all accounts.

Welcome, glad you found us. As Mike said, the S2 is a good camera, but you might through rocks at it after using a DSLR. Now, if I could just talk you in going over to the dark side..... Nikon has these great....... OH well, you will see enough of that in the forums. I as a resident Nikon snob, I welcome you to TPF. Hope you find what you are looking for, and don't be shy about jumping in here soon.

Hey P-38, welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back